my new rifle!!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by lonewolf101, Oct 26, 2011.

1. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

This is a marlin 45/70 GBL! alway wanted one still have to add the things I want.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      73.3 KB
      Views:
  2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Me likie! ;)

Big bore - YEP
    Lever gun - YEP
    Big lever for use with gloves - YEP
    Need ear protection - YEP!

Very NICE marlin!

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

your gonna love it!! i got one a few weeks ago and they are fun as hell!!

[​IMG]

4. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I just could not pass it bye - I have some Cabales bucks so it took off almost all tax! looked for some Hornedy lever bullets but none left on the shelf! so I might have to go to G.M to buy some so I can shoot it this week end.

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

There's something so special about a 45-70 ain't there. Congrats on the great purchase!

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

the hornady leverevolution are incredibly dirty in 45-70. i thought i was shooting shooting stuff straight out of the ussr!!

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Only thing I can ad is learn to reload :D

8. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I ahead of you Hossfly I already do - just have to get my order together.

Thanks alot everyone!

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

You can soup up the loads pretty well but use caution. Use the loading data that is specific to the Marlin. The Ruger single shot data is too hot for the Marlin. The 45-70 in the Ruger 1 shot is only 200fps below the 458 Win Mag.:eek: I used to load for both and had to keep the ammo separate and color coded. Do not use the really old shells as some were balloon head not solid head.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  10. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

thanks alot for the info

11. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

Love it!!! Can't go wrong with a great lever gun! Keep us posted when you go to the range.

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

13. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

Thats a nice gun and right up my alley. I just love marlins and the 45-70 is a brush busting large critter stopping sweet heart of a caliber.I like that stock to.Been toying with shelling out the cash for one just like yours myself and also been looking at the 450 marlin.

14. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

I came within a tad of buying one a few months ago. I ended up with a CZ and a XDm instead. I wish I had bought the Marlin instead of the XDm though. That is one nice Marlin. It's perfect for me to carry around on my ATV to shoot those cranky black critters that keep wanting to raid my grill when I cook out. I do believe that's the best looking lever gun I've ever seen but I've always been partial to Marlins. Very nice rifle indeed. Those single shot Rugers are great but if I wanted .458 power I'd get a .458. Having more than one round available is often a good thing in bear country. Well not often I guess but I'd rather have more than one just in case. A couple of cubs and a protective mother will make you wish for a multiple shooter and a lever gun is as reliable as they get.