My new RI 1911 match is deadly accurate

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Dearhunter, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I purchased a Rock Island 1911 ,45 acp match. Upon receiving, I took it apart, inspected, cleaned, lub, installed Hogue wrap around grips and put it all back together.
    Went to the range today and was extremely impressed with its accuracy.
    I first test fired 20 rounds, five at a time, at 30 ft. I used a bright orange stick on 6 inch target with 3 inch inner circle bullseye. I used the one inch black square in the center of the target and aimed 6 O'Clock as point of aim. All 20 rounds were in the three inch inner circle. I ended up shooting 100 rounds of Stone Hart Premium 230 gr ammo and had no hangs or jams. The gun worked perfect. I even tried jamming the gun by shooting as fast as I could, but it worked perfect. Even when I shot at 25 yards all rounds were in the 6 inch target (timed fire). If I was still in my prime, I think all would have been in the 3 inch inner bullseye. The gun shoots that good. I took out my Colt Gold Cup National Match could not do any better. Very happy with my new 1911 RI Match.
    DSCN0574.jpg

2. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

Good looking 1911! The grips definitely look comfortable. I like that skeletonized trigger also. Congrats

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Congrats on your new 1911, Armscor has proven itself to make some damn good 1911s.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Agree- I have a Tactical in 9mm that a reasonable person couldn't buy :cool:

5. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

What did you pay? I found one at my LGS and went to put it on layaway and they just sold it on gunbroker. The one I saw had a stainless frame and blued slide. It was right around $550 I think.

6. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Ri match 911

If you can find a Rock Island 1911 MATCH .45 ACP for $550, you should jump on it, for they have gotten very hard to find. I have seen them go for $725 on GunsAmerica. Back when I was looking, Gunbroker.com did not have any.
    I was lucky and paid much less for mine, $645.

7. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

Maybe the one I saw was not the match then. I don't think it had those sights and that exact trigger but had a nice dove tail, skeletonized trigger and hammer.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

That's a great looking target gun! Congrats on the purchase and we always like more eye candy. :eek:

9. kycol

kycol New Member

Yes yes yes

10. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Congrats! Sounds like you picked a winner.
    Cant wait to get my first 1911 so I can show it off on here too:)