My New Revolver

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by 3spur, May 26, 2012.

1. 3spur

3spur New Member

I everyone, just letting you guys know that I'm loving my new Ruger SR 9, and now I've decided to get a 357 revolver to complement my collection, lol. I really wanted a GP100, but due to limited funds, I have decided upon a Taurus 66 stainless 6" beast, I hope I didn't make a Boo Boo!!! Would appreciate any and all comments
    Thanks
    Mindy

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What was the price difference between the GP100 and the Taurus?

3. 3spur

3spur New Member

200 dollars, I bought the Taurus on Gallery of Guns, our local store here in CALI wanted a couple of hundred dollars more for the one Ruger GP 100 that they had!

4. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Taurus has been a little hit or miss with their quality but from what I hear their customer service is pretty good. If you have any problems they should take care of it for you. Hopefully the gun gives you no troubles. Just go out and shoot! Revolvers are fun!

5. 3spur

3spur New Member

That's good to know, a friend of mine that is fairly knowledgable about guns had favorable things to say about Taurus now, improved from the old days!

6. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Get the LCR if you like Ruger, it's my favorite gun of all time now for EDC and for fun, it's a fantastic system and I can put them all on target at surprising distances for a snub nose.

7. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

It's hard to mess up a revolver. I almost bought a Taurus in 44 special for cheap once. Ammo was just too expensive.

8. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Enjoy...I'd love to have another wheel gun.

9. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

Taurus is a great company and that is a great revolver. Their quality is top notch and their customer service is very very good, though I doubt you will ever need them.

Congrats, have you fired it yet?

10. GLOCKMASTER

GLOCKMASTER New Member

I've always had good experiences with Taurus.

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I haven' had any issues out of my taurus model 66 357 mag, it was my dads he got it when they first started making them. It has at least 3000 rounds through it, the only thing I can say is make sure that no home gun smith got a hold of it. I don't know all that much about where your buying it from I don't know if it's new or used or anything like that just make sure everything works ok.

Good luck let us know how she shoot!

12. 3spur

3spur New Member

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better, I haven't got it yet, I purchased it from Davidson's Gallery of Guns online, and the gun is brand new. I have bought two other firearms through them and they are top notch. When you go to Ruger or Taurus.com and press purchase gun, it takes you to the Gallery of Guns website!!!

13. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood, I've only dealt with one 357 mag from Taurus and it's a great firearm and those grips they use are outstanding, feels real good.

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

95% of the Taurus wheel guns I've owned have preformed great (owned well over a dozen)- Still own a 357--

15. 3spur

3spur New Member

I will consider that for a future smaller gun, thanks

16. vincent

vincent New Member

I've had, and have heard of poor quality issues with the Taurus semi-autos, really hit or miss but their wheelguns are good quality pieces. You made a solid choice...:cool:

17. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Don't overlook the value of a good used S&W or Colt revolver...1970s - 80s era S&W revolvers will top most being made today. just my .02

18. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Save for the GP! A little eye candy to help you reconsider....

Attached Files:

19. 3spur

3spur New Member

That is sweet!!!!

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

What if hi point made revolvers?
    A moment to reflect, please...