Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Everything looks so intimidatingly tactical. Ooo... Like you might breach anyone's door at any moment! Are you an "operator"?

And only one failure -- how many "takes" you need?

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Try to get the stock in closer to center( may need to shorten it a bit) so you can square up behind it a bit and Lean forward a little. It will get you better control and faster follow ups. Good quality video. Nice looking shotty. Have fun with it and patterning it with buck shot. I tried several brands and found Federal and Hornady with Flite Control or TiteWad shot cups to give the tightest patterns. Like, way tighter patterns than standard loads.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Oh, and Hocka hates Remingtons.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everything looks so intimidatingly tactical. Ooo... Like you might breach anyone's door at any moment! Are you an "operator"?

And only one failure -- how many "takes" you need?
What takes? It's edited out parts because I don't make 40 mins videos. You mean I should? lol

Everything looks so intimidatingly tactical.
What's up with your camophobia? :D

Are you an "operator"?
Are you a fashion police officer? :D

Take it easy. I just had some fun testing my new shotgun. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try to get the stock in closer to center( may need to shorten it a bit) so you can square up behind it a bit and Lean forward a little. It will get you better control and faster follow ups. Good quality video. Nice looking shotty. Have fun with it and patterning it with buck shot. I tried several brands and found Federal and Hornady with Flite Control or TiteWad shot cups to give the tightest patterns. Like, way tighter patterns than standard loads.
Thanks. :) I just made a couple test videos. I heard the Rem870s are not too good with Winchester birdshot shells, so I was not sure about shooting them. Well I got 250 of them and 200 PMC buckshot shells, so I have enough for practicing. ;)

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Thanks. :) I just made a couple test videos. I heard the Rem870s are not too good with Winchester birdshot shells, so I was not sure about shooting them. Well I got 250 of them and 200 PMC buckshot shells, so I have enough for practicing. ;)
I've got a Mossberg 500 and a 870 Express, not the tactical. Both of mine have been trouble free. With any pump, it is necessary to get the slide to the rear with some decent speed to get good ejection. The only time either of my shotguns didn't clear a shell of the ejection port was when I was being slow with the pump. And in most of those cases it was when I was done shooting and had the gun off my shoulder to get a look in the ejection port to clear the weapon. So, not the guns fault but mine for holding the port up and babying the slide. Sometimes when hunting ill do this on purpose. Take a shot. Cycle the pump part way, push the next round back into the mag, then cycle the action the rest of the way slowly so I cAn pull the shell out and not leave it littering the woods.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Actually I was going to ask a German fraulein to do it in a traditional Bavarian Octoberfest outfit.
But then we wouldn't be looking at the shotgun..... Oh, wait.. Good idea.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Actually I was going to ask a German fraulein to do it in a traditional Bavarian Octoberfest outfit.
Now THAT'S the video HockaLouis wants to see!

Hey Jager, TRY to make the 590 A1 fail...

Hey, I see TWO CTD advertisements at the same time on my screen through the Forums. I know they are paying but should we see ANY Cheaper Than Diamonds ads here? Sorry, but we should be collectively boycotting those skunks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts