my new previously loved NEF .243

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by powg, Jan 18, 2012.

1. powg

powg New Member

Just bought a nef youth syn handi rifle in .243 ... for my young un's to start shooting /hunting ....If I let em have it ! It is a blast ,light ..and accurate as hell . yalls experiance and input on this little gun would be great . Im gonna replace the stock with an adjustable m4 type ....so they can grow with it . good shooting /good hunting to all thanks powg

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

One of my friends in LA bought one of these for his grandkids to hunt with. He liked it so much he bought a standard model in .308 for himself, but his wife claimed that one.

My next door neighbor in LA used one in .270.

I have one in .280 Rem, it is a good shooter.

3. powg

powg New Member

new to the singles shot scene

ive had a nef shotgun .20 gauge ,but my first time with a rifle ...and the 243 cartridge too ..ive only had 30.cals ... i would like one in 308 or 7mm stw

4. Win73

Win73 Member

I have two NEF Handi Rifles. One is a .30-06. I have fired it nine times at deer and put nine deer on the ground.

[​IMG]

The other is a .50 caliber muzzleloader and a .357 magnum. I have killed two deer with the .50 caliber.

[​IMG]

5. powg

powg New Member

h&r /nef

the only thing i did it was put an old fixed 4 x power weaver on it ,wichester brand bi-pod , then took a rubber tire off one of my 6 yr sons crashed /junk toy cars installed it ''like a washer'' between the barrel piller bolt and fore arm which gave me a small gap 1/8 inch to free float the barrel . getting 1 inch groups at 100 yrds with hornady 100 grain btsp ammo. All this for about $200.00