My New/Old S&W

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by crazycharlie2, Sep 5, 2011.

1. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

Maybe not so old 19-3 S&W Texas Ranger. Got it this past March. Appears not to have ever been fired. One of the ones that did not come with a knife. Has the original cleaning kit, an S&W ammunition fact sheet and the never sent in warranty registration.
    I haven't had occasion to fire it yet. It's just so darn pretty and I don't want to get it dirty;)

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Beautiful! I'd have a hard time not shooting it. :eek:

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

4. oldcoptn46

oldcoptn46 Member Supporter

Super Sweet!!!! I've seen them in auctions but never been able to bid. Don't know if I could shoot it or not especially if it had never been fired. I've got a weakness for S&W 357's. Just got a new one over the weekend.

5. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

Thanks for the compliments.
    As far as shooting it, well, I got 2 boxes of .38spl 125gr hp+P, 100rds of .38spl,130grFMJ, 1 box of .357mag 158gr JSP, and 1box of .357mag 158gr JHP. Now if I just get the right inkling to shoot it ;)
    I have other handguns to shoot, so it will just have to wait its turn:p (at least that's what I keep telling myself)

6. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

What did you get? Photos?

7. oldcoptn46

oldcoptn46 Member Supporter

I finally got, after two years of searching, a Model 13-3, 3", round butt. I had a Model 65-3 and have been looking for the mate. Here they are!! :D

Pops

Attached Files:

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

9. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

Very nice.

10. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

The price could be scaring away potential buyers and the no return policy of the seller IIRC. I would not purchase for the asking $, but then again someone might really want it.

11. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

Yes it is on the high side but my experiences on guns america is you message them and 99 per cent of the time it is asking price and they come down.
    The model 19 has been steadily climbing in collector value especaily in the last three years and a large jump in the last year. The special versions like these bring a little more and mohagany boxes especaily for K frames are valuable alone as well as the knife.
    A pristine model 19 right now is bringing around 6 to 650 bucks. Try and buy a mahogany box for less than a 150. I dont know what the knife is worth.
    The tools are worth over 50 bucks and trying to find a mahogany box for a K frame is not easy. They were made mostly for N frames.
    I bought N frame mahogany boxes for my K frames and modified them to fit.Not many people who are not from Texas would want a texas ranger version.I wouldnt so I magine some texan will eyeball it some time contact the guy and gert hinm to come down a little and have himself a nice gun.
    The big jump in gun prices in the last year has realy been bad especialy on colts.Pythons and Diamond backs have sored to above 2000 dollars when just last year you could buy one for 1500.Smith and wesson are not far behind.
    I collect smnith and wessons but also loove colts. I was going to start in on colts later on and got layed off and have been catching up after a long stretch of unemployment. My dreams of collecting colts are vanishing because of the crazy prices. I remember thinking 1500 was out of line.
    Whith our fearless leader and inflation like we have never seen around the corner I hate to think what guns are going to be next year and the year after.

12. Texgunner

Texgunner New Member

Congratulations on your new Smith, it's a beauty.

13. 6shootersandw

6shootersandw New Member

That's a beautiful gun.

14. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

That is one pretty piece.