my new (new to me) ride

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dragunovsks, Nov 7, 2011.

1. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Just got a loan for a truck i been wanting, so im happier than a 2 petered billy goat. We test drove it and started the paperwork saturday but couldnt get a yah or nay from the bank so the dealer let us do a weekend test drive. Its the first 4 wheel drive truck ive ever owned and i cant wait to test er out in the white stuff.

2004 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4, power everything, 4.6 liter v8

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Got it for, 11,900. For some reason it didnt upload the pic the first time so i had to quote myself to fix it

ForumRunner_20111107_101546.jpg

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Congrats. Be carefull, 4wd will help ya get up hills, or back on the road if ya slide off.

4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Nice looking truck.

5. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Same color as my SportTrac. Good choice.

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

My wife loves those, but she has an regular explorer

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Enjoy.
    Caution: Even w/ 4x4, the laws of physics still apply. Too many people forget that around here. It takes a few storms to weed those people out.

8. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Yep, 4x4 doesnt help if your sideways at 4,000 rpm

Saw that first hand in new mexico once. I was driving an 18 wheeler through Alamagordo NM when a 4x4 dodge came across the grass median sideways, slinging mud and snow everywhere. He had it on the floor and trying to counter steer like a madman. Its not good when you look in your drivers side mirror and see the side of your own trailer. Eek!

Ive lived in southern indiana my whole life so i can handle driving on the snow even in a 2wd if i have to.

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. As a former mountain dweller, I ask that you indulge me here. Four wheel drive is for getting out of trouble, not getting into it and something else to remember is to keep your speed down. If you're in 4WD, that means you should be going slow. Enjoy your new truck. ;)

10. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I dont plan on gettin into any trouble with, too nice of a truck for that. I mainly bought it for more interior room, cause when we had to haul something in my dakota my wife had to sit in the middle so the baby seat would properly work in the passenger seat. Makes it hard to shift gears. Of course the extra horsepower comes with it and is welcome cause i pull a trailer too

11. fmj

fmj Active Member

NICE Truck!! Hard to beat the F-150!

Not to be a debby downer...but one, S. IN dont get snow! Hell we hardly get snow here in N. IN! (but i LOVE snow and was born and raised in N MI...so my view "might" be a touch ahhh, shall we say, skewed ;)) and two, your gonna be less than impressed with the "Power increase" with the 4.6. I had one in my 03 F-150 and was NOT impressed, either in the fuel mileage or the power department. The 250 inline 6 has more torque and power than the 4.6 V-8. But they dont use them much anymore because you simply cant kill 'em.

all that being said, seriously NICE TRUCK!! CONGRATS!!! i am on my 4th F-150.:cool:

12. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Well im goin from a 3.9 liter v6 to this so i already notice a difference. It is a little less powerful than my last f150 tho, of course it was an 88' and had the big 5.8 liter 351. I could pass anything but a gas station. It only got about 9 mpg. We got alot of snow last year and plenty of ice as well, i know we dont get much compared to michigan but then again it dont take much to stop a 2wd dakota.

I work with two guys who have similar trucks and both say they get between 16-22 mpg, i only got 18 from the dodge. I only drive 6 miles to work anyways so its no biggie.

13. fmj

fmj Active Member

Well of course your gonna notice a difference going from a junk @$$ dodge to ford...hell a fusion has more bballs than a Ram :D

Yeah, the newer models (04 to now) made a quantum leap in the fuel mileage department compared to the last models (97-03) and they improved the quality as well. I have sent quite a bit of hate mail to the Ford motor Co. telling them my next truck will be a Yota, i am just that unimpressed with this one. (00 F-150) Its sad too, considering how many Fords i have owned.

14. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Hey now dont knock my dodge, that little dakota has been one hell of a good truck. Not one hiccup in 4 years ive had it

15. orangello

orangello New Member

I have a grudge against ford, but that is a nice-looking truck there.
    Congratulations!

So, do you have a gunrack yet? :D

16. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Hey now dont knock my dodge, that little dakota has been one hell of a good truck. Not one hiccup in 4 years ive had it

17. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Congrats on your new truck !!!!

18. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Not yet, told the wife i was gonna buy a ceiling mount shotgun rack and a 14 foot whip cb antennae, she just rolled eyes, jk tho

19. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Seriously tho, do they make a gun rack that works in a solid rear window, without drilling holes. The truck dont have a sliding rear window.

20. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Check the auto sections at the cabels and bass pro web sites. I found a pair of them that hang on the backs of the front seats, and have a shell bag at the top of them. One is in my '92 f150, the other is in the wifw's exploder. Velcro closures and padded, no marring or fall out.

BTW, NIce truck!