My new M&P!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by synical, Jun 22, 2011.

1. synical

synical New Member

Hey Saturday I got my new Smith and Wesson M&P AR-15 and am awaiting many parts to arrive! I dropped about 700.00 bucks on parts so I will post a new pic when they all come in. :D

Attached Files:

2. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

Congrats on your new purchase.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Congrats!:cool:
    I've had my M&P for a little over a year and couldn't be happier!

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congrats, and a fine rifle at that! Awaiting further pics. :cool:

5. synical

synical New Member

I got some stuff in like my scope and rail system laser and flash light but am waiting on a couple of other parts that should be here tommorrow and then some grips that will be here maybe friday or next week so as soon as I get things together I will post a new pic! Thanks for the congrats!

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Nice looking rifle!

7. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I have been married too long. My wife would never let me take pictures in the bathroom:eek:............even of a new AR:D!

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well it's sure better than taking pictures of your Weiner and posting on the Internet! Ask AW! :p

9. synical

synical New Member

Well I was gonna take one of it on the bed but my wife walked in on me naked on top of it! HA HA So I had to sneek to the bathroom!:confused:

10. Car54

Car54 New Member

Congrats. I like mine too. Now it's time to go get it dirty. Pictures of the damage to the paper are a requirement here so take a camera and your wife. She can shoot the gun and shoot pictures too.

11. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Very nice !! I have the same one and love it.. I have put thousands through it with out a hick-up. It will chew up anything I feed it.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

13. Gloves

Gloves New Member

Agreed, that is sweet in any room of the house.

Can someone tell me why these AR barrels have smaller parts to them?
    Notice how it has that notch were it's thinner then continues to be thick. Are they saving weight making it look cooler?

14. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Its known as a M203 cut.
    IIRC (and I'm going from my foggy memory:p) it was originally done when the military went to a heavier barrel contour, they made the cut so their existing grenade launcher mount would work with the new, heavier profiled barrel.
    Worthless pretty much in a civilian AR, but It caught on nonetheless.

Attached Files:

15. synical

synical New Member

here is some of the upgrades that I got in yesterday! I ordered a get out of dodge package from valhalla armory and put on the magpul flip up front and rear sights! More is to come but the parts have not arrived yet! The G.O.O.D. package came with 3-9x42 scope with red dot. flashlight, green laser, forearm grip and rail system! :D

Attached Files: