My new "guilty pleasure"

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Dr. Marneaus, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Just bought this, and am already embarrassed to talk about it, haha, but boy oh boy is it a hoot to blast away with. Bought it from somebody who dressed it up as you see it. It'll be wearing some duracoat before too long.

9mm, by the way.

[​IMG]

Sometimes we need a guilty pleasure, I'd like to think my other firearms make up for this momentary lack of taste...haha.

No but seriously, I only have 20 rounds through it, but am already lovin it.

Cheap, ugly, and heavy, but it'll go bang when I pull the trigger....

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Hey if it helped Charleton Heston beat those damned apes it's good enough for plinking...:p

Those are great "fun" guns for killing time at the range. Also make good truck guns. If it ever breaks, send it back to Hi Point, they have one of the best warranties around...lifetime, unlimited.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

nothing to be embarrassed about! if you like it and it works good, then its a great gun. i think with a little makeover, it would be nice looking gun. do it all black and it would look really sharp! enjoy it. i am still thinking about buying a hi-point pistol myself. you just gave me a reason to check out the carbines now! i just might have to get a carbine instead of the pistol.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Heston used a modified M-1 Carbine.

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

modified to look like a Hi Point...:rolleyes:

6. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Well, it definitely is fun, I'm going to start cleaning it up this weekend, and removing some of the bling.

7. fmj

fmj Active Member

i have actually been thinking about getting one in 45 acp!

8. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I got one. It's a blast to shoot and a great beat it up truck gun. it is pretty damn accurate too. I have shot good groups up to 75 yards with mine.

9. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Need some opinions...

some paint scheme mock ups...I want to go with something a little more "desert" themed. With paint and the rail removed it looks a bit more like a beretta storm...only 1/3rd the price.

What say you? First ideas are just using tan, this would most likely be a duracoat or maybe even just a kyrlon fusion job, seeing as I dont want to spend 30 bucks on duracoat.

Please note that the metal areas look different in these mockups, but they would be the same color/finish as the rest of the gun when painted, its just photoshop keeping the reflective nature of the metal.

Also note that the bottom weaver rail will be removed and the holles will be filled, then it will be mounted on the right side of the gun, to mimic the one you see on the left side. I figure it;ll be better there and more useful than the angled one on the bottom, if i ever desire to use it.

Black and Sand 1
    [​IMG]

Black and Sand 2
    [​IMG]

Sand and OD 1
    [​IMG]

Sand and OD 2
    [​IMG]

Any other suggestions on color combos? Maybe a sand and brown? or something? I'm not too good at the color and patterns thing.

10. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Don't be ashamed... Some of us just WON'T pass up a good deal

11. gaeilgeoir

gaeilgeoir New Member

Hmm I said in one of the other posts (twas a .22 post I think) that if you want you could make a patterned one? I saw it in the movies, where they use leaves and other natural things as stencils and just sprated paint on, the OP tried it and loves it, so if you wanted that then all you have to decide is colors, which personally I'd think a military-esque brown and would be cool :p jus my two cents!

12. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

I really like the last one... Maybe with a little black

13. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I love my 4095 Carbine. Cheap, fun, accurate and totally reliable. Ugly but so what?

14. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

these are the three colors im working with...

[​IMG]

The dark brown on the right, tan in the middle, and a lighter brown on the left. I dont really like the brown on the left, plus its satin, not "ultra flat"

I think I'll just go tan and black.

progress was made last night:
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty much down to tan/black though....but cant decide on these two schemes...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I dont want to combine the two, because i want the gun more tan than black.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  15. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Doc, that looks GREAT!!!

16. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Ditto that. Nice color choice.

17. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

That looks nice enough, that I may consider getting one.

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

looks better than i thought it would with the tan! really looks good! you did a good job.

19. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Nice! I really like it.