My new GP100 Wiley Clapp

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Mick3411, May 3, 2013.

1. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

Just got a new revolver and love it. Until recently all I had was semi-autos, but am loving my last purchases (S&W 625 + this one). Anyone else have one?

[​IMG]

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have a GP 100 but not like that one. Revolvers are awesome. Very nice looking firearm.

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Nice looking revolver. I am on a revolver kick myself. A lot of fun at the range.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

And, to me, revolvers are a gun with classic beauty.

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I definitely agree. Semis can be good looking but a revolver can be a thing of beauty. I would bet if you were to ask most Americans over the age of 30 to picture the classic handgun it would be a revolver. Either a Colt SAA, Model 29 or a Colt Python.

6. pauly62

pauly62 New Member

I have one just like urs

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm jealous. That gun has been at the top of my list since it came out. Unfortunately not legal in Myassachusetts

8. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

Wiley Clap - Novak rear sight w fiber optic front. I love fiber optic Front sights but not for the rear sight. I've been watching GunsAmerica and Wiley's sell for $7-800 and they don't sit long.

Normally, I prefer ADJ sights on my revolver but once you have the Wiley sighted in so POA is POI for your chosen load - I imagine you'd have faster target acquisition. Love to try my theory.

A gunsmith came up w a method to create a similar set up in any J Frame and he will zero it for your load of choice. Approx cost $300. I have a lot of trouble seeing the sights on J Frame fixed sights.

PS: They did make a TGT model J frame w adj sights but those are hard to find and mostly regarded as SW Trivia.