My new Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by G30USMC, Oct 8, 2011.

1. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

I recently purchased a Glock 26 Gen 4 with Military discount, it was 418 out the door. I have shot about 500 rds with it, and it feels great and no problems. Just was wondering if you would recommend any mods to it such as sights, even though the factory sights are very nice.

Any opinions would be great!

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

If its a carry gun, and that's the only reason to buy a sub compact, XS Big Dots are a vast improvement.

3. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

I put some aftermarket recoil assemblies on both my Glocks. Here is a link for one for your gun. http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descri...umbs=&filter_1=&filter_2=&filter_3=&filter_4=

I like the look, but the added weight up front is the real reason I bought these. It's just enough the provide some counter to the recoil.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

4. Glore

Glore New Member

Extended slide stop lever, nice set of night sights. Congrats on your new weapon!

5. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

If you shoot well with it now, keep it bone stock. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But, if you must know, I have done 3.5# trigger, extended slide stop, extended mag release, stainless guide rod, and truglo tfo sights.

6. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

With the Glock 26, other than the mag extension, carry it the way Gaston Glock made it. It is perfection already. Don't buy into the after market hype. I carry a Glock 36 big bore .45 ACP and have done nothing with it but carrying it. Save the money for your next Glock.

7. phammily

phammily New Member

Very nice gun, what are you planning to use it for.

8. G30USMC

9. G30USMC

The only mod that I was looking into, would be a set of night sites, just was wondering what brand would be recommended?

10. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I really like my TruGlo TFO sights.

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

You cant go wrong with any of these, they perform the same and are very reliable

Trijicon
    Tru-glo
    Meprolight

12. ATC2

ATC2 New Member

Nahh, your good for now. Go get a bunch of ammo and shoot the heck out of it. Then you'll know if you need anything. I have a gen3 and yours came with the upgrades that I've done (sights and mag ext). It's a great CCW. Congrats...

13. Glore

Glore New Member

Take a look at Trijicon HD series, and XS sights. I don't have first hand experience with either but they make sense to me for the purpose they function. Trijicon has a solid track record for me personally and makes a good product IMHO. I'm gonna go with this style, front sight focus is imperative!

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Trijicons are really good, i have them on my G31 and my 1911