My new Glock 23 purchase

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by beaniemac, Oct 18, 2011.

1. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

so I picked up a glock 23 on sunday. this is my first gun purchase. and a HUGE deal given I live in chicago because of all the restrictions (worst in the US) in place when it comes to legally owning a firearm.

[​IMG]

2. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

by the way, besides all the restrictions, I had to trade in my 2 13 round magazines for 10 round magazines, because anything over 12 rounds is illegal in chicago. so after all the nonsense, I bit the bullet (no pun intended) and took the downgrade to the 10 rounders.

3. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Congrats on your new purchase! I hope you enjoy it. Can we look forward to seeing a range report?

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

No shame in downgrading mags brother, gotta do whats needed to stay legal for the anti gun A-holes. Congrats on the new piece and welcome to FTF

5. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Look at it this way...true...it sucks to have to go from 13 to 10...BUT...the Glock 23 with 10-round magazines will allow a total round count of 11 rounds at the ready. For the size of the pistol, it is still a good ballistic payload. Not "great" but good for sure. Load with premium defensive ammo, and practice and make sure every round counts.

Good choice...if you have only one Glock 'round the clock....the 23 is a fantastic option. It can serve as a CCW weapon and a "pretty close to full size fighting handgun". You will be well served indeed.

I carried a Glock 23 as my primary for years when I worked plainclothes and as a homicide dick.

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Basic self defense mathematics: Ten rounds of protection is better than zero.

7. Werminator

Werminator Member

Seems like a great option to me my friend. Glock makes a hell of a nice weapon. I personally has a Ruger SR9 and it was my first handgun. Fortunately I live accross the river in good ole MO and got to keep both of my 17 round mags with it! Only regret is that 17 rounds per mag makes ammo go fast...

8. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Yea I learned a long time ago to only load my g17 mags at the range w/10 each. If i don't its a short visit.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Nice purchase! I also love my G23.

Guess if you can only have ten round mags then get a couple more. Let's see, 13x3=39 so 10x4 gives you one better. :p

10. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

will try to go to the range next weekend. there's none within the city limits, so getting out there is never convenient.

11. ak47bob

ak47bob New Member

Very nice, I'm also a Glock guy. :D

12. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

Nice glock. i carry the 22 and when i go to the range i only put 10 rounds in the mags. Makes for a longer visit. have fun and shoot safe

13. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Great pistol that will last forever through all kids of crap. You'll love it. Enjoy!

Dave :)

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

What the hell, you use yours on kids! :)

15. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Sorry, that darn cararac that is to be taken off next week, really messes up me my vision. I should have edited. Should have been all "kinds". Sorry.

Dave :confused:

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I new what you meant, just messin with ya brother.. I used to own a G23c, kinda wished that i hadnt gotten rid of it

17. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Don't blame you a bit. I love shooting! I'll do a ot better with mine when the cataracts are gone!!

Dave

18. goldngun

goldngun New Member

Glocks...

Hey, G23 is a great pistole'! I have a Glock model 38 .45GAP that I love, g/f has a 23. Love Glocks and FN's too. Have a FNP-45 Tactical and a FN 5.7. All good!!

19. Speed3

Speed3 New Member

You already have the perfect weapon. Unless you are expecting a fire fight, having ten versus 13 rounds is a moot subject. Practice at the range and you should kill your assailant with one round.

20. pathfinder8008

pathfinder8008 New Member

Could not resist, it's like America's Next Top Model.

OK, I also just got a Glock. Model 36 with only six rounds in the magazine. It's my pocket rocket. I agree with Speed3. I figure that if I need 13 rounds then I should have brought extra mags or my HK. For personal protection you are golden. Good fire discipline will insure your mission accomplishment.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011