My New Colt with VLTOR Accessories

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Mdrums, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

I got tired of looking and wanting so I bought a 6920 today. I walked into one of my local stores and they had around 5 Colts on the wall. I wanted either a stock 6920 or 6940 with the forward rail. I couldn't find a 6940 anywhere for weeks. This store had done up this 6920 with the forward rail system, flip down rear site, rear stock, flash hider, all VLTOR products.

I thought this is cool I like this and it will work fine for me. The price was fair and then I noticed the "Restricted" markings. I've heard these markings are kind of cool to have for what ever reason few weeks ago a guy I know said he was looking for "Restricted" marking Colt AR15/M4....so I thought I'm done looking and I bought this.

If I decide I don't like the VLTOR accessories I have the stock parts and can use those and sell the VLTOR. I did kind of want a Daniel or Bravo or Knights forward rail but this rail is nice and comes with extra bolt on side rails and so forth.

Being new to all this give me you opinions on these accessories...OK? thanks!

Attached Files:

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Nice rifle, I would love to have a VLTOR fore end but they are very expensive, as for the buttstock, I dont care for it.

3. fetep

fetep New Member

Very nice! Run it like that for awhile I think you'll learn to love the current configuration! Steelers fan huh?! LOL. At least you bought a colt so you can't be all that bad;-). Congrats!

4. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

LOL...yeah...big Steelers fan.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Looks great! Can't go wrong with Colt. Definitely let us know how it shoots!

6. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I'm not a fan at all w/ the rail. That rail is a little on the heavy side. A lot of guys like the EMOD stock. I'm a Magpul fan but will say the cheek weld is good. Quality AR.

7. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

Good opinions...thanks for the honesty...love to hear what people like and don't like and why they like it or don't like it. Thanks!