My new baby!

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Pistol_Pete, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

Just won an auction this morning for a new XDS 45! It was gunauction.com and got it for $615!!!!
    I'm pumped and can't wait to go pick it up.

2. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Congrats you'll love it, mine grows on me more each day, had my heart set on a nice 4" 1911 but at half the price my little XD looks great.

3. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats, the XDS .45 is a very nice weapon :)

4. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Have you got her yet/fired her? I had mine almost three weeks b4 I got to fire her, it liked ta kill me(like having ur dream car parked outside and not being able to drive it)

5. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

No I had it shipped to my local gun range and me my dad went to go shoot today and got an email right when I walked in saying that they have received my gun But it would take two days to process. Drove me crazy knowing it was just right in the other room!

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

How much are they charging you for a transfer fee with a two day process time? It takes 30 seconds to book the gun.

7. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

$25. They called me tonight before closing time to say it was ready to be picked up. Would of been nice to shoot it

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

$25 isn't bad for a transfer fee. If the place isn't very busy the extra wait is a bit much.

9. Capt18

Capt18 New Member

XDs on duty

You are gonna love it!!!! I puchased mine about 6 months ago. Qualifying with it is no problem. I have been carrying it to work every day. I would advise you to invest in a couple of 7 round mags, it makes the grip a little longer and more comfortable. The accuracy and dependability ( with any brand of 45 ammo ) shocked me. Springfield scored BIG with this one. The only down side that I can see is the fact that there are not alot of OWB holsters available yet.

10. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

Well I was surprised because I won the auction Wednesday morning , paid around 6pm and it arrived at the gun range on Friday from Pennsylvania . I we t and shot it today and it was amazing. Recoil was nothing. It was extremely accurate. Not sure if I wanna qualify with it or my xd 40. But I'm in love. My chl course is Saturday.

11. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

The recoil(or lack of) surprised me as well, mine is my everyday carry and it sits perfect in my cheap walmart iwb holster, I looked at many more expensive holster but the setup and price on the Blackhawk wallyworld special was just right(after slight mods, no longer ambidextrous)

12. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Look around for some of the Pearce grip extensions. Adds just enough to get your pinky on the grip. It makes a world of difference. I'm surprised that Springfield doesn't ship a pair of them in the kit.

13. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

Took me an hour but I found two extended mags $29 each and two Pearce grip extenders!

14. 11B3OJ3

11B3OJ3 New Member

Where did you find them? I've been looking everywhere I can think to

15. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete New Member

16. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Luckily my local gun shops carry the extended mags. The Pearce pinky extensions were a little harder to find. I scored 4 of them at our last gun show. It was a decent sized show with about 300 vendors and only one had them. Paid $8 or $9 each for them. Two for me and two for a friend. Best accessories I've bought for my XDS yet, and under $20.