My new baby

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by David26, Mar 6, 2009.

1. David26

David26 New Member

Went in to loom at a 2000 super glid and got talked into a 2009 super glid. this thing rides so much sweeter then my yamaha i traded in.

2009_0224kayliespictures0003.JPG

2009_0224kayliespictures0005.JPG

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, I am not a Harley guy, but I have to say that is a pretty sweet looking ride. Well done sir, helping the economy and yourself at the same time!

Plus 1

JD

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So bike guys, if you're poor, and have no experience with a bike, but want to get started, and don't have aspisations of warp speed, you're 6'1" and 240, what is the starter bike?

4. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Dave thats nice bro. I will watch for you on the road.

I am going to try and hit the range on Sunday if you are up for it?

Also check out the link in my Signature. It is for all of us local shooters around Boise:D

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Here you go...

Attached Files:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

See if you can find a used Honda 750 Nighthawk for cheap & easy fixin.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Now see, Orangello is being helpful, and you're being mean spirited, as though I've somehow given you problems on this forum at one time or another.

I almost typed that with a straight face.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I looked at the Glides a few years ago, but they feel like Sportsters with big tanks to me. I am larger than the average bear so a Heritage or Road King fit decently and don't make me look like I'm riding a clown bike.

Hell I rode a Gold Wing for work a few years back and people thought it ws some sort of new Silver Wing until they saw it with me dismounted.

9. user4

user4 New Member

A 750 is bare minimum...but a Nighthawk? Eeek! if you must go Honda (cheaply) go Shadow. If you want a nice bike, go Valkyrie. All my bikes have been Yamahas Vulcans and Maxima. Never had a problem...but 750 will get old fast. Start at 1100. You'll eventually be as cool as your bike.

10. user4

user4 New Member

Nice effing ride, Dave. That's my style of bike as well. never owned a Harley though. I'm what's known as a "broke ass mofo"

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm just trying not to get too much bike. I know lots of yunguns that have no experience, but get the largest, fastest thing out, can't handle it, and end up dumping a multi thousand dollar bike.

12. user4

user4 New Member

Yes, count on dumping it. It's a given. It will happen when you think you got it all down.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Nice lookin bike. I wouldn't mind having a V-rod myself.

I can't count how many fenders and turn signals I have broken on all of my bikes. LOL The best bike I ever owned was a Suzuki TA50 moped yes i said it I had a moped I was like 7 or 8 at the time. That thing took 4 long hard years of mud boggin and jumps. Untill the day I jumped it a little to high and broke the rear axle and sent my goofy lookin azz over the handel bars. Then to top it off I got hit in the face by the rear tire as it came at me at something like 20 mph. Boy that hurt like heck.

I want a supermoto bike. I like the looks and the fact that I can go like heck on or off road.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  14. David26

David26 New Member

I started out on a yamaha v- star 650 u can get them new for around $6000 or get one used for around $4000 think there great bikes to learn on and have the apearence of a big bike think they are an in. longer then a road king and will do 85 mph even with my big ass an it

15. propex

propex New Member

When I click on this thread I was prepared to see a baby (human) in a pink or blue blanket...surprise, surprise.....awesome bike good luck