My new 10/22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by rsfrid, Nov 2, 2011.

1. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Just picked up a Ruger 10/22 for plinking. This is the second one I've had - traded the first one for a single six revolver many years ago. I mounted a Nikon Prostaff 4x30 scope I had laying around.

Looking forward to burning cheap ammo again.

Attached Files:

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Nice Rsfrid, that's one gun every shooter should have...oughta be a law:D Do you have any modifications planned?

3. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Not yet. One day I'd like a heavy barrel and better stock -- perhaps a target trigger?

4. vincent

vincent New Member

I'm in the same boat, shooting mine stock for now. If I had $60 I'd send it off to Stalkingbear (forum member) for the trigger job but I don't so I can't. From what I've read it's not too complicated to take on yourself...

5. fmj

fmj New Member

NICE acquisition!!! Its on the want list...make it a law, maybe i can get it with my ammo stamps. (those are like food stamps for gun nuts:rolleyes:;):D)

I've shot a few and they are nice. I should get one for the youngest.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Best buy going :D
    I love mine stock- no need for any mods :cool:
    Well, 'cept for glass :D

[​IMG]

7. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

10/22 is a staple of life. Both of my kids stepped up to one after mastering their pellet guns.

Of course they aren't just for kids.

[​IMG]

8. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Sweet! Maybe one day I'll do something like that,,,,,, but then, again it's fun just the way it is.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I know you'll enjoy the heck out of that rifle!

10. CourtJester

You don't have to do a thing with it for it to be fun. I shot that thing for about 15 years before changing anything on it at all. Of course once you start, you can't stop. I have a few others that I just had to build up.
    They are super fun and stupid cheap to shoot all day long.

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

If anyone ever ask you if you would like to shoot there custom ruger 10/22 say NO. Don't Do It. Or will cost you over time. We have 2 of them and there is darn near nothing original left on ether one. But those tiny groups are fun to shoot.

12. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

Does any serious accumulator not own a 10/22? I cannot justify any mods to my stock rifle since it is so accurate and FUN to shoot.
    I can understand people making Tacticool mods and competition shooters swapping out barrels, triggers, etc. but for me this is the most accurate rifle I own and I would not change a thing.

13. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I made mine a tactical hunter:) it out shoots my other squirrel killers.....well except my marlin 882 ss 22 mag

14. CourtJester

You think it's accurate now; try building it up. It'll give you a stiffy knocking squirrels out of a tree at 100 yards.

15. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I put a match grade sporter barrel on mine and that alone made it go from shooting quarter sized groups at 75 yards on a calm day to punching a ragged hole at the same distance on a calm day.

16. jamesb

jamesb New Member

I never owned one...until today! Just picked it up and mounted my Redfield scope on it. Going to the range tomorrow.

[​IMG]

17. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Beautiful gun but that mannlicher stock will be a pain in the arse if you plan on squirrel hunting with it much. Iv been wrong before though.

18. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Why do you say that?

I'm considering this stock/barrel setup:

Hornet Custom HCSRS

Tactical Solutions TS1022-MB

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

They get heavy quick and because they are pretty long for a 10/22 they snag on stuff pretty easy. It wld be great for plinking though. Are you planning on hunting w it more than just plinking around w it?

20. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Nope, no hunting, just target fun. I did pick it up also as a good survival type gun if ever needed. Figured it would be good for small game.