My Latest C&R Acquisition

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by gandog56, Feb 8, 2010.

1. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

From Century International. A CZ82 9X18 Mak. With the goodies shown:

[​IMG]

And first target from my first range trip with her:

[​IMG]:D

2. m72law

m72law New Member

nice cz82 gandog....i bought the same pistol from aim about 3 months ago...is yours in great shape?looks like it shoots good!...they're neat lil shooters...have you picked up a tokarev yet?....if not...get one asap...there is still surplus ammo to be had(cheap)...unlike these cz-82's 9x18:(...10bucks for 50rds still isnt to shabby;)

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I've got one and I really like it. It's a handy size and has decent power.

4. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Careful. Those dang things are like Lays potato chips......
    You just can't stop at one. :eek:

5. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

LoL... you said it Highpower... I bought my cz82 and a tt-33 from AIM (my Christmas to myself).. I've not taken them to the range yet but love the feel of the cz in my hands and cannot wait to shoot it. Right now it's torn down getting a restoration and some new grips from marshallgrips but I'll post a range report after it's back together.

Prices on these are still pretty reasonable and as mentioned above, ammo is still there at a good price or even better, reload for it.

6. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Experience tells me that you are gonna love those grips that Dennis made. The man is an artist. :)

I bought my first 82, took it to the range and shot it, and came back home. First thing I did was get on the phone and order another one.....
    Those things are addictive.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

I totally agree with you. I'm not inclined to replace the ones on my tt-33 though but I believe the cz lends itself to new furniture.

I ran in to a bit of a snag when I went to reassrmble my cz. I think I misplaced the hammer lever after the bead blasting was done. I'm hoping it's just fallen on the floor somewhere or maybe it is still in the blasting cabinet. :eek:

8. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I love mine. They are great shooters. Here is mine that I Duracoated and put Marschal Grips on.

[​IMG]

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very nice indeed.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Nitro, did you duracoat that yourself? It looks great.

11. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

The Duracoat process was very easy. If you have basic handyman skills, you can do it. I bought the kit which includes everything you need including the airbrush and can of propellant if you don't have an oil-less air compressor. They have more color choices (even camo configurations) than you can shake a stick at. Here is the link for Duracoat Lauer Weaponry Online Order Center

The process that I used was as follows:

1. Remove grips, remove slide and spring. To do this, REMOVE MAGAZINE, pull trigger well down until it clicks, pull slide back until it is able to be pull upward, pull upward and while holding the slide with a firm grip, move it forward and the slide and spring will come off. Or see this link YouTube - CZ-82 Field Stripping
    2. Lightly sand the gun using 0000 steel wool to remove loose/chipped paint and smooth out any ridges from the original finish. You can also remove the original finish, but not necessary.
    3. Clean the gun with the cleaner that comes with the kit (you MUST remove any oil, solvents or foreign matter from the gun before you start).
    4. Tape of barrel with painters tape and plug ends of barrel with soft earplugs.
    5. Mix finish with hardener that is provided in the kit according to the instructions.
    6. Hang parts from coat hangers or similar. Apply finish in even coats and hold the airbrush about 6"-8" away from the gun and grips as you apply it. Allow a couple of minutes between coats for drying. Apply in a well ventilated area and don't allow dust or debris to get on it during this process. I coated everything except the barrel because the product goes on so thin that it does not interfere with the operation of the parts. If you use the can of propellant MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT IN A POT OF WARM WATER BECAUSE IT WILL FREEZE UP.
    7. Use the kitchen oven to bake on the finish (except the plastic grips). Do this at 150 - 175 degrees for 20 minutes.
    8. After it cools, re-assemble and you are done. I let mine cure
    out for 2-3 weeks before I put rounds through it just to be sure. I have about 400-500 rounds through it and the finish is holding up well so far.

Hope this helps.

12. Highpower

Highpower New Member

DUDE! That is schweet!!!
    What kind of wood and finish did you pick? I'm gonna have to get a set of those for my #2. :)

13. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Thanks. I was happy with the end result.

I got the checkered wattle with red finish and the finger grooves. I also asked for the CZ logo to be etched in. Mine required a small amount of removing of the grip to get them to fit perfect. I did it with w smooth file and an Exacto knife.

14. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

15. m72law

m72law New Member

very awesome'O...nirtox

16. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Thanks but I didn't mean to hijack the OP's thread.

17. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Also just did my first 9mm Luger brass to 9X18 Mak brass conversions. Now I need some range time to check THOSE out!

Like I really need a reason to go to the range!:D

18. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Got to thinking I never really checked for copper deposits. Ran it through my Outers Foul Out III with the Cop Out solution. Hardly any came out.

19. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

I'd be more concerned with lead deposits given the style of rifling used in the CZ82.. Course keeping it clean of all deposits is important...;)

20. sly156

sly156 New Member

Cz 82

I bought one about a year and a half ago love it. I use it as my carry.
    Very accurate up to 75 feet at most indoor ranges. Can center mass 2 rounds and 1 head shot every time. Got the 2 12 round mags also.