My latest acquisition

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ScottA, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I finally picked up a 9mm. Should be able to get to the range with it sometime this week.

Attached Files:

• SR9C.jpg
      SR9C.jpg
      File size:
      44.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Nice! I'm looking forward to a range report.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Nice pick up. Hopefully it becomes a reliable friend.

These seem to have gained a lot of traction in the carry community over the last year or so. Almost all feedback has been great, and I like that they're reliatively slim for a double-stack.

I'd been toying with the idea myself, as my current carry guns are either micro or full-frame. I need a standard compact like this, but the XDm45c and new XDs45 seem to be calling my name.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Looks good Scott.
    Please include mag changes in your report. It looks like the mag makes up about a third of the gripping area and I wonder how a fast mag change affects your gripping the firearm.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Not sure I'm going to be a good source of info on that. I don't consider myself proficient in combat or competition style shooting. Plus, the mags that come with the gun are very different from one another. The one in the picture is a 17 round with adapter. The other is a shorter 10 round without adapter. I expect a mag change to require adjusting my grip.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Been a SR9c in my home for about two years now & it sure aint goin nowhere ;)

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

I find that with my xdm 45 compact, i know its not a sr9c, dropping the compact 9 round mag and reloading with the 13 round mag without the extender is easier and more positive than using the extender or the small compact magazine. This is a good thing under stress.

I typically carry the 9 round shorty in the gun and use the fullsize 13 round mag as a backup.

8. Toll13

Toll13 New Member

I just posted a range report on the full size. You're gonna love that gun.

Sent from a Droid...but not the Droid you are looking for. Move along.

9. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

I don't own one but have shot one on several occasions and I am very impressed by that gun. Both the compact and full-size SR9 pistols are incredible shooters; my father-in-law has used his SR9c in IDPA competition for roughly a year and has totaled up nearing 2,000 rounds through the gun without any issues. The trigger is much crisper and has almost no take-up; it's almost like a single-action trigger and the triggers in Glocks and M&Ps are kind of 2nd rate when compared to the SR9. The magazine changes on the compacts are what they are: magazine changes on compacts. They aren't as fluid as they would be on a full-sized gun since you just simply have less to grab a hold of so you have more of your hand hanging off the gun. But, practice would easily help speed up any reloads.

10. losack

losack New Member

I've got the regular sr9. I'm having a little trouble loving it. The trigger is a little different. I don't give up on a gun easily so we are working through it.

We shall see, I love the feel of the gun though.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Slamming in the longer mag pictured looks like it could bite flesh! Be careful, Scott!