My knife for home defense

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by molonlabexx, Apr 18, 2013.

1. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Have a few of these around the house. This one is under my desk.

ForumRunner_20130417_215546.jpg

2. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

My home protection knife...
    ...is a gun.

3. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Well same but I am using these for a last ditch offense. I like being prepared.

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Here are some of mine................

Attached Files:

5. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

What he^ said.

6. activereality

activereality New Member

The one time my home has been broken into I ended the "break in" with a hunting knife. My pistol was in my strong hand and the knife in a position near the door. he came around a corner and tried to wrestle the gun away, realized I was losing positive retention so ejected the mag, released the bullet(fired into ceiling) broke his arm in a rolling arm bar, grabbed the knife.

Had to call the cops covered in blood. Bad night. Took almost two hours to find the round in my attic. A tool is a tool. Had I a hammer, the results would be the same.

Cop asked if I had thought about re-inserting the mag. I said i did think about it but I didn't because I'd probably shoot the guy on principle. Cop just laughed.

My default is distance with projectile. My back up is any ****ing thing I can use to end the threat. Willful volition and understanding that your life is on the line will make you understand that when it is over, it doesn't matter how it ended.

7. steve666

steve666 New Member

When it comes to fighting I only have one rule... I WIN!!!

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Rule One: Don't take a knife to a gun fight.
    Rule Two: Don't supply all the guns in a gun fight.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  9. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

If things get so bad I need a knife i doubt much will be left of the house.

10. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I stash knives and blunt objects around the house. Good spot to hide a knife! If you're at your desk as much as I am though you might just want to carry a gun.

11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Knife for Home Defense! Not a good idea! As a last resort it is fine! I always carry one but my first line defense is a "GUN"!But one would be gambling with disaster to bring a knife to a gun fight! If the perpetrator had a knife you can probably rely on he is fairly skilled with using it!

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Awww- Them ain't knives :p

[​IMG]

13. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I usually have a shotgun next to me at all times in the house. We had a peeper not too long ago and it really threatened my family. They were even scared to come home. If you are scared to live in your own house, that is wrong and it needs to be fixed. Next time the peeper is going to be peeping into a bore.

14. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Guys let me correct this: THE KNIFE ISN'T MY PRIMARY HD WEAPON. IT IS A BACKUP. Some of you have failed to realize this :) Now you know.

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Having a knife as a back up is a good idea, especially if you know how to use it.

A gun is great, when the attacker is at least a few yards away from you. What do you do if he's only a few inches away? What do you do if he grabs your gun? Thats where a knife comes in handy. When it comes to hand to hand combat, a knife is better than a gun since you don't have the time to aim, or really the distance to allow you to aim properly.

16. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

OK, even YOU need to explain things sometimes notdku...

What "blunt objects" would one stash around the house? I just keep picturing a bowling trophy in my bathroom and, frankly, the stuff in there already is hard enough to make excuses for!

17. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I picture a few ammo cans packed with sand and rocks. As well as some dummy grenades. I have always wondered if people have you cornered, to pick a dummy grenade up and act like it is real. "Don't move or we all go up". I wonder if this will work. Just don't let them see the milled hole at the bottom.

18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Molon,

Thant makes sense! I think it was the Title of the Thread that threw us! Anyway nice knife!

19. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

The dummy grenade would hurt like a SOB if you chucked at him plus he might think its real lol

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Figured that---
    Knife guy myself- They're all over the place & 2 or three in both trucks :)
    You just never know plus you can't cut rope 'n stuff with a gun ------