My IP when I goto log in is banned?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Wolfie, May 6, 2010.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Ok I am posting this via a proxy server but I havnt been on here in around a week and when I goto log in its saying I have been IP banned? :confused: I havnt even been here that long, made a couple genuine threads and a few legitimate posts in some threads and just wanted to find out whats going on.

My account has my email details if a mod wishes to contact me regarding this. Thanks.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have not heard of any issues with you large enough to warrant banning. We do not have an "IP Ban" feature. Sounds like an Aussie government thing. Me thinks it is on your end.

3. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

I hope there are no issues :p I like this forum!

[​IMG]

here is a screen cap I took, I tried running the forum on IE8, Mozilla, and chrome...really sucks if the Aussie gov is censoring me, but it also would not surprise me. I'm just hoping the admin could look into it so I can see if its my end and what I can do, this free proxy is hit and miss when it will let me on.

4. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Yesterday our server came under a SYN flood attack.

This attack was mostly from IPs from Asia Pacific so we had to ban whole strings of IPs to stop the attack.

5. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

ahhh that makes sense then, and sucks you had to deal with that sought of thing...I'm just glad I didnt say something to annoy another here :D

Cheers!

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Pretty tough to do in 18 posts, but it's been done. :)

7. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

I bet it has, I'm on a couple blade orientated forums and some new guys get off to rocky starts from the get go. I'm pretty thick skinned and don't get bent out of shape easily, but some people take everything online personally.

Anyhoo glad this is all soughted...thanks guys for the quick responses! :cool:

8. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This forum is amazingly tolerant compared to some college football forums I have belonged to. I know one fellow who was banned after one post when he merely laid out the facts of why that board's team wouldn't beat our school's team. :eek:

9. FlyingDesertEagle

FlyingDesertEagle New Member

didnt want to strt a new thread but THANBK YOU for having the alternative address for FirearmsTalk... I couldn't log in fropm my work computer before (stupid hoplophobe company) I work for bans guns and pron.

Thanks Guys!
    Mike

10. RevDerb

RevDerb New Member

Due to another post on this site, I believe that I've discovered at least two other boards that have been under attack. smith-wessonforum.com and pistolworld.com are both inaccessible. It will be interesting to see if others pop up. :eek: