My house was broken into today

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by theropinfool, Feb 15, 2012.

1. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

I'm sitting on my couch, still so pissed off I could spit nails.

I got home today a little later than usual. I had my 2 year old little girl with me. She wanted to watch her princess show, I was clearing off a spot on the counter to put the flowers and card I'd got for my wife. I headed toward the back door it get some steaks out of the freezer when I noticed my back door was kicked in.

What do you do in a situation like this? I grabbed my little girl, ran to my room, which had been ransacked, to grab my gun, which luckily was there still. I can't carry at work, so I usually leave it home within easy access of were my wife and I sleep.

After calling the police and going through my house it looks like they only stole my Nintendo wii and my little girls piggy bank. What kind of sick bastard steals a little girls piggy bank?

I feel so violated and pissed off. I really think if I'd been home they'd be cleaning the blood from my carpet. I don't own, we rent, my landlord is a hell of a good guy, says he's having metal doors installed tomorrow, after which my wife and I plan on getting a bigger better safe.

I'm so pissed off these sons of bitches came in my home and stole from me. Stole from my little girl. My wife and I both work, I leave early on the morning, my wife does to. What the hell more can I do to stop them? So pissed right now. Cowards.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I wonder if it's someone who knows you. Who breaks into a house and only steals a piggy bank and a Wii? I know you feel violated, I would too, but it could have been much worse. The steel doors will help. I had steel doors installed last summer with dead bolts.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

3. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Had that happen too I know how you feel. In my case they did more damage to the house getting in than the value of what they took.

4. vincent

vincent New Member

WOW!! :eek: So sorry, at least everyone is okay. That's my worst freakin' nightmare. :mad:

5. Car54

Car54 New Member

It's one of your neighbor's kids. Who's close by that has a 13-17 year old?

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Obvious money, "piggy bank" and a video game sounds like kids to me.

Tack

7. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

I really don't know a lot of my neighbors. We've only lived here about 8 months. Other than going to church we aren't around much. The nearest neighbor is about a quarter mile away. I just don't get it. It's an old house on the edge of town. Really pissed they stole from my little girl. We think it probably was some teenager cutting school. Some folks down the road have people showing up all the time. Probably cooking meth. Can't even think strait. So pissed.

8. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Sorry to hear about what happened, sounds like typical street scum. My old house got broken into years ago, what the person didn't realize is that we ran a pit bull rescue. So whoever it was walked into a house with a bunch of pit bulls, we found a little trail of blood on the tile when we got home, back door jimmied open and our fence leaning to the side. Luckily they didn't get a chance to take anything, still felt violated though.

9. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Sorry to hear that but at least an I know it dont mean much but at least thats all they got it could have been worse we own an operate a ranch here in new mexico, while we were in albuqurque at the dr I had to have a shoulder surgey some jackass broke in our house an garage an then light fire to my truck which spread to the barn killin 3 paints ,never caught them. Try to make the best of it tho , get a rope right

10. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Ropin, sorry to hear of your home invasion. Problem is being able to feel safe about leaving the place alone. Anyone who kicks your door in is a threat regardless of age. As we know a coyote will often return to the kill.:(

11. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Im so sorry to hear this man. I cant imagine how mad you are. Just be glad that all they got was little stuff and you and your family are unharmed. My advise is to get a dog. Most people wont think twice about stealing from a house with a dog. Or atleast pickup some beware of dog signs to scare them off thinking you have one. And durango and WOC are right keep on alert for another breakin and most people that only take a few things like a wii know that you have that and in some way know you.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  12. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

That sucks, I bet it was some random kids. I have a friend that almost had the same thing happen but it was a ps3 and a lb of bacon. They think it was a relative of theres.

13. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Had my house broke into in 1998. Totally ransacked it and got away with alot of stuff. I was at work when it happened. They broke into the side garage door behind the fence then busted into the door between the kitchen and the garage. Something in the pit of my gut made me to go home from work the next day, near mid-day, to check and sure as **** they had been in there again and got a few more items. Totally tore the house up. Several months later they found some of my stuff at a fences house and thats when I found out it was teenage kids. Most of them had been in group homes or had juvenile criminal records and some knew my teenage daughter. The fence had just got out of pison several months earlier. Insurance covered most of it but they did get some sentimental items that couldnt be replaced.

14. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Sorry man. Hopefully some of your belongings can be tracked down. You might consider looking into a home security system. Glad no one was hurt.

15. levelcross

levelcross New Member

First, I am glad your family is safe, and sorry that you have to go thru this.

I was very lucky, I came home to the front door swinging in the breeze, and a 75# Doberman standing in the door way still pissed off. The dog would not bark until it was time to bite, so who ever kicked in the door got a Big surprise. Nothing in the house had been touched, and the dog got a steak that night for dinner....medium rare.

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Ccw instructor said a dog is more valuable than a gun... Works when Ur not home. These cases are 95% addicts looking for quick cash, or kids.

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I know the feeling and it is hard to get over. I keep valuables in a safe and have an alarm system.

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my vote for a family dog! a firearm is an excellent SD tool for a break-in, but is only worthwhile if you are home when it happens, Fido is home 24/7 and once he bonds to the family, he is the best security system there is. an alarm system is more useful or better if you happen to live in the suburbs or the city, if you live in a rural area, the thieves will be long gone before LE arrives. so if in a rural area, a dog outside is also a good deterrent and one inside is better. my house, and i live in a very rural area, you can't get within 200 yards of the house without the dogs raising cain! trespasser's will be eaten, survivor's will be prosecuted!

19. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I pay $48 a month for my ADT service, they've been really good, no complaints from here. I have what they called the On Star model (I believe), its a 2-way communication device also with the ADT center.

Or given the circumstances, you might want to check out the ADT Pulse, it's more money (don't know how much), but you can add on a camera to the system, and if you have a smart phone you can remotely view the camera whenever. You can also remotely arm/disarm straight from your phone. I plan on getting it when we move into a house sometime next year. Just an option, I don't know if your renting or not, we are but I DGAF, I'd rather pay to fix a small square cut in the wall, than lose my personal belongings.

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

My mom and dad have two huge dogs. Their house got robbed the dogs followed the burglars in and sat on the couch watching em...

Dogs being a deterrent is more myth than anything.