My home made Sniper Project.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by M1911VS44, Mar 17, 2012.

1. M1911VS44

M1911VS44 New Member

I think the project shall take a month or so.I have most parts like the stock,spring,etc.I have no received the mag feeder or the mag it's self.(Excuse my terms still sort of learning English...Russian)I am going to try and make the Barrett .50.I am allowed sense I have my military gun permanent and my history of of using the fire arm in Iraq.

Attached Files:

2. jcg2439

jcg2439 New Member

gonna be sweet hope it works out

3. whyme

whyme New Member

You have any updates?

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

you guys can't be serious? :(

Attached Files:

5. St8LineGunsmith

St8LineGunsmith New Member

I have the drawings to build one of those
    I have been thinking about enrolling in a machine shop class so I can have access to build a few rifles and a couple of cap and ball revolvers.
    I have the necessiary experience to operate a mill and lathe I just dont have access to the machinery.
    I will be watching this thread for sure!

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

.......... :(

Attached Files:

7. St8LineGunsmith

you care to elaborate a little more or are you the one trolling?

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

That little bit of info seem legit to you? :confused: and the OP hasn't been back since posting this little bit of fantasy :eek: Might want to pay attention to the details a little before you start calling others a troll ;)

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Dog's been a member here for a long time, so I can definitely say he isn't trolling.

I think his points is/are:

1) The .50 Barrett is a common "sniper" weapon that is popular with the gaming community. It is, however, not the most efficient platform in this category.

2) The OP is Russian (allegedly) with admitted limited skills in English. Despite this, he claims usage of the weapon in Iraq. ERGO - Did the Russians have a role in this Iraq war? Did this OP serve with US troops, in which case his grasp of the written US language is suspect. Ad-hoc repeats...

3) The OP makes ZERO mention of any of the important components of the damn platform. The "mag feeder or the mag it's self" are essentially the same thing and completely irrelevant to the mechanics of the system. I would be more concerned about obtaining a Barrett receiver, bolt group and .50 cal rated barrel. :roll eyes:

Then again I could be completely off the deep end and just looking at this from a "if I were to build one" mindset. :roll eyes:

JD

10. St8LineGunsmith

Ok I didnt bother to look at the date of the OP
    I have not been here very long but I do know without a doubt that building this rifle is doable if you have access to a lathe and mill.
    Just sayin

please accept my apology

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Oh please, no need to apologize. I was poking fun while pointing out the absurdity of the OP's post :p

lighten up, you may have some fun here on FTF :D

12. St8LineGunsmith

I have aparently been participating at THR so long I lost my sense of humor:eek:

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

well you happen to be in luck because here at FTF not only do we have a plethora of firearms knowledge (that's right I used the word plethora in a sentence ;) ) we also have a kick azz sense of humor and boat loads of fun :D .....

it was the firearms laden boat that went down in that tragic accident ..... oh the pain, the sorrow :(

Attached Files:

14. St8LineGunsmith

LMAO
    Now that is freaking hilarious![​IMG]

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No need to apologize, we have thick skin here. ;)

Building a rifle from scratch is completely do able, but building a proprietary weapon platform like the Barrett would be a bit harder as you would need their specs. Also you wouldn't be needing to be waiting on parts from a phantom order. ;)

JD