My home made holsters.

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by freefall, Apr 29, 2011.

1. freefall

freefall New Member

The Lovely Ms Freefall has stopped by and is helping me put up some pictures. Hope it works! [​IMG]

2. freefall

freefall New Member

The Lovely Mrs and my going steady rigs.:)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

3. chainsaw

chainsaw New Member

You do good work!Ever make a shoulder rig for a reflexed Redhawk?

4. freefall

freefall New Member

No, I have to have the pistol to make a holster for it. I need to find a source of replica guns if I'm going to make things for other people.

5. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Thats some nice looking work you've done! :)

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice work free. You're a man of many talents. :cool:

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Bumping. Wreck, that's one of my ersatz Jackasses the SP is in. You can see the tabs to attach the shoulder straps, I used copper rivets on this one, sometimes I use Chicago screws. As you can see, I used light weight welded chain links to run the shoulder straps through so you can adjust them. Best thing this old farm boy could find for the purpose. Galco of course has a nicer system made of some sort of plastic. On this rig I made the little butterfly shaped piece in the back that the 4 shoulder straps hook to out of the same suede as the straps, but in later incarnations have started using light leather instead. Holds up better. Good luck.

8. Comeswithbacon

Comeswithbacon New Member

Free, That is DAMN fine work!
    The 38 special holster is gave me a hard-on!

9. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Very superb work you're doing :D. Each one of them looks fantastic, especially the shoulder rig :cool:.

10. OC357

OC357 New Member

Really nice work.

OC

11. freefall

freefall New Member

Thanks for the kind words, but if you want to see some nice work search Scubies posts for pics of the rig Glass made for him. She does PROFESSIONAL quality stuff, easily the quality of anything you could buy off the rack. She gave me some hints about edge finishing, I hope my next efforts will look nicer.