My HD 870

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by bdaniel9892, Feb 4, 2013.

1. bdaniel9892

bdaniel9892 New Member

This is my remington 870 tactical i purchased a while back. Mainly for home defense and just to have a bad*^% looking gun. What do you think of it? What else could I do to it?

Attached Files:

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Nice shotgun, i think you pretty much got it covered. I like the scabbard too.

3. PeterSteele

PeterSteele New Member

i couldn't tell from pix...u got a light on there ? i threw a Surefire forend w/built-in light on mine...$$ pricey but it's solid and it works great, very user-friendly .

what kind of scope u got on there ?
    also, is that a Knoxx recoil-reducing SpecOps stock ? how do u like it vs. the original stock ?

4. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I would put the normal stock back on it and loose the sling if it were me.

5. bdaniel9892

bdaniel9892 New Member

Its a sightmark red dot. It is a knoxx recoil reducing stock.

6. bdaniel9892

bdaniel9892 New Member

I purchased the gun like this. It is the 870 Tactical. Comes from the store with the knoxx stock and pistol grip. I dont keep the sling on. It works as a small bandolier if i need to grab more rounds in a hurry out the door.

7. gmwilkes

gmwilkes New Member

Very nice. Been looking to do something similar once I purchase one. What's the cost on that setup if you don't mind me askin? And also as asked before, any type of light mount?

8. bdaniel9892

bdaniel9892 New Member

I havent really added up the cost to an exact amount but going over it in my head, i have a little over $1000 with buying the gun with all the accessories. And ive been thinking about adding a light but im not sure where i want to put it on the gun. I can tell you i will not be buying a Surefire grip and mount. I do not see a point in spending that much money when i can put that towards getting another gun. I will probably mount a tactical light underneath the mag extension tube.

9. mongo43

mongo43 New Member

If it was mine I would lose the sling and just put a side saddle on it. But to each his own.

10. sharpshooter1997

sharpshooter1997 New Member

those Knoxx stocks

11. sharpshooter1997

sharpshooter1997 New Member

Sorry I pressed send early. I've heard those knoxx stocks kick your cheek around. Watch YouTube videos on them.

12. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I've heard the same about them. But it's kind of strange my girlfriend is very small framed and was complaining about her factory 870 stock pounding the side of her face. We bought her one of the Knoxx recoil reducers and she loves it.

I guess it just depends on the shooter.

13. bdaniel9892

bdaniel9892 New Member

I dont keep the sling on the gun, it gets in the way. Its an easy way to keep 15 every rounds close by. And i have a Mesa side saddle on it but you just cant see it in these pictures. I took off the saddle on the stock. It was too bulky.

14. bdaniel9892

bdaniel9892 New Member

I do love the scabbard though. It keeps the gun from getting all scratched up and its very quick and easy to take the gun out and put it back in. Its pretty stiff and it takes a few days for it to form to your gun. Especially if you have a side saddle. It was very difficult at first but after its broken in, its pretty awesome.