My gunshow find............

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Bob Wright, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Picked up this Ruger Single Six .22 at the gun show in Memphis Saturday. Price was $200, and I believe the gun is unfired:

[​IMG]

And:

[​IMG]

It's a welcome addition, as I've been .22-less for some time.

Bob Wright

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations! That's a great find, a great revolver and a great price. Geez, I'm starting to sound like Tony the Tiger. :D

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Nice acquisition. Those run about $50 - $75 more where I live.

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Did it come with a .22 mag cylinder also? I have a .22 pistol with a LR and Mag cylinders. Have you fired it yet? This might sound stupid but make sure you wear hearing protection, those .22 revolvers will really ring your ears.

5. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

No, no magnum cylinder, unfortunately. Hearing protection? You bet I do. Obviously you don't know me very well. Big .44s and .45s are staples in my shooting diet!

Know very well about ringing ears, as I started shooting before hearing protection was invented. We used cotton balls, and later when they became fashionalbe, cigarette filters.

Bob Wright

6. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Bob,

Is this what you're talking about? hooooo how I love my 44 Bisley.

[​IMG]

You got a great deal on that Ruger 22!!

7. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

I never got into the Bisley. Despite what others have stated, I found it whacked my knuckle with heavy loads. I set up several guns as Blackhawks, Bisleys, and Super Blackhawks and tried each with heavy loads, finding, for me, the Super Blackhawk handled the heavy loads better.

These are some of my .45s, the one with stag grips originall a Bisley:

[​IMG]

And, here's a couple of my .44s, both three-screw guns:

[​IMG]

Bob Wright