Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 14 years of charging for it, I am now offering up the My Gun Collection application for free to use. This use to be an application that you could buy for $30 bucks ($(15) in it's earlier days. It's more of a strategic move to keep it going, I'm cleaning up the code and will be moving it to open source along with the my Loaders Log application and any other application that I create and use to sell.

I will still update the applications and make improvements when I can, but like so many other software application that just tend to expire after so long, and just disappear, I'm going to put the source out in the public so that people can make improvements or still use the My Gun Collection application if something were to happen to me.

But Once the code is cleaned up, it will be available at my GitHub site @ BurnSoft.net Github Repo

·
Registered
Glock 19 Gen. 5
52 Posts
It's appreciated but the idea of keeping a record of the guns I own doesn't sit well with me. I'm sure many others share this sentiment.

Reactions: austin92

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's appreciated but the idea of keeping a record of the guns I own doesn't sit well with me. I'm sure many others share this sentiment.
It’s not for everyone, but optional if you want to track your ammo, how many rounds you put in a firearm so you know if you need to replace a barrel, recoil spring etc, add any accessories or work you had done on it and pictures.

it doesn’t require the internet so you can have it on a offline computer

·
Registered
480 Posts
It's an interesting concept and generous offer. But like the other poster, and probably most gun owners who are naturally quite suspicious on this topic, the chances of me downloading some app full of codes is zero. The end user has no idea if there's any nefarious codes in the system, and once re-connected to the internet all of those codes or permissions just send all the information right out onto the internet. As neat and innocent as the app probably is, there's not any chance I'd use it.

A simple hand written book suffices for my inventory needs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I understand that and as a gun owner for over 20 years with today’s bs political views I can see why some would see it as an issue, which is why it was never created in the cloud like some people requested years ago, I always liked offline apps and hate apps that require the internet. But people have bought and used this app in the past when it wasn’t free and there is a need for it by other gun owners, like I said it’s not for everyone but at least now it is free to use with no strings attached

·
Premium Member
12,848 Posts
Hiding you stuff from the evil gument huh? But a member of a gun forum. I find that interesting.
I guess that If you only own a handful of guns maybe you don't need a record of them.

Reactions: echo1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts