My great deal

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dragunovsks, Mar 1, 2009.

1. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I got a great deal yesterday. Rewind to last week, I was at a local Circle K gastation getting a polar pop and ran into a friend of mine who happens to be a state trooper. He asked me if I was still carrying my 1911. To which I answered of course and then asked him if he knew of anywhere I could get some cheap .45 ACP for target practice. He said he'd ask around and get back to me later.

Fastforward to yesterday. While driving home I passed Mark who was patrolling the highway, he saw me and turned around and followed me to the house. After I pulled in the drive I got out of the truck and he pulled in behind me and told me to open the back door of his car and take a look at the ammo in the floor board. He had some full boxes and a couple that were nearly full and about 100 peices of empty brass. He said he'd sell em' to me to finance a fishin' trip to Missouri. I expected him to say at least 100 bucks as there was quite a bit of ammo there that was double baged in Wal-Mart bags. I nearly had a heart attack when he said that he'd sell the ammo to me for 50 bucks and throw in the spent brass for free since I'm thinking of getting into reloading. I counted it all after he left and came up with 285 rounds most of which was 230 grain FMJ. Two of the boxes were stamped "Caliber: .45 ACP M1911 BALL". He said he sold his .45 a few weeks before and no longer had anything to fire them.:D

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Sweet!! You got a good friend there, dragun. Too bad he sold his .45, did you ask what he got for it?

3. WDB

WDB New Member

Nice deal dragun, not many of those to be found. A good friend!

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

He said he sold it for $500. I'm not sure what is was, other than a .45.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a hell of a deal. You need to keep that guy around your inner circle in case any other things need to get sold off... :p

JD

6. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

That's a good deal. Good .45 ACP ammo is getting expensive these days.

7. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Yeah, he's a pretty good friend since he gave me 400 rounds of 9mm ammo last year to practice with. I'm trying to get into LE, so I need the practice. He's been giving me advice throughout the process.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter