My Glock 23 not dry fireing for disassembly.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mike10801, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike10801

mike10801 New Member

I have a gen 3 g23 and I recently purchased a ghost rocket 3.5 kit suppose to be drop in direct fit easy install but the gun wont fire. I tried to dry fire to take the slide off to put the factory glock parts back in and it wont dry fire either therefore I cannot remove the slide. Can anyone help me with ideas to get the slide off this gun.

Nothing like a Glock.

2. msfa_mike

msfa_mike New Member

Mike, I can't help you but there are some super sharp guys on here. Stand by and one will surely come to the rescue!

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Member Lifetime Supporter

I have the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 lb connector and have had mo problems. The only thing I can think that would make it not fire is if the trigger spring was not in the proper orientation or is not connected to the trigger bar. If the slide will move, try and hold the trigger in the forward position and rack the slide backwards about an inch and return to the locked position. Then try and dry fire. Ensure the chamber is empty.

4. mike10801

mike10801 New Member

I got the gun apart with adivce from another member. The gun was put together properly and I found a video on you tube were someone had the same problem with a g19 and the had to grind to ghost product for it to work properly. I am going to take it to a professional in the next week or so. I was able to get all the new springs installed correctly just that one dang piece. If you YouTube search glock g19 ghost rocket it will come right up.

5. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Ghost Rocket with the overtravel tab? Did you READ THE INSTRUCTIONS??

Please read these instructions completely before beginning.

The uh-oh Notice:

If you installed the Rocket or Tactical before you shortened the Trigger Control Tab/Stop (TCT) as recommended in;

SECTION II: INSTALLATION ROCKET & TACTICAL

And your pistol will not fire therefore you will not be able to disassemble your pistol (normal disassembly procedures require you fire your empty pistol so that you may remove the slide, you can not disassemble a cocked pistol). Because the Trigger Control Tab/Stop (TCT) on the Rocket or Tactical is limiting the rearward movement of the trigger you must remove the firing pin assembly to disassemble your pistol so that you can remove the slide assembly. Please see number 4 in Section II. Once the slide is removed you may begin in Section II.

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Member Lifetime Supporter

Glad you found a fix.

7. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

This is the very reason I leave my Glocks stock. If I absolutely must
    have something done I take it to someone who knows what they
    are doing first. That someone would not be yours truly. :D

8. James4

James4 New Member

Ok, So I had just bought rocket part and installed it proper as well, but i am curious to see the youtube.com video to eject the slide off my glock 21sf. Could you help me with this video find, Mike? Also, is it possible to send info where to grind this part at> as well as how much?

9. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

The instructions show you where to remove material.

If the trigger will not reset after modification, pull slide to the rear and engage the slide lock. Set the muzzle on the bench, exposing the underside of the slide. At the top of the striker channel is the striker tab, at the bottom is the striker sleeve. Using a punch, push the edge of the sleeve downward. This will allow you to slide the cover plate off. Once the cover plate is off, you may carefully disengage the slide stop and ease the slide forward and off while depressing the take down lever. The striker will come out as the slide is removed due to the sear being engaged.

10. James4

James4 New Member

nvm found the video
    :D

11. Squawk

Squawk New Member

You shouldn't have to ever pull the trigger to disassemble a Glock. At least not any straight from the factory.

The glock slide only has to be pulled back a couple centimeters to engage the slide release. You should be able to pull the slide back this amount using one hand. Then the other hand pulls down the slide release.

12. willfully armed

This is easy math. I usually attempt to refrain from this, BUT,

THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW HOW OUR GUNS WORK THERE FELLA

He was trying the trigger after Installing the part, racked the slide, now the trigger has engaged the sear and must be depressed for disassembly.

Also, the slide really only needs to move 5/16-3/8"(Merrica) rearward for the takedown lever to be actuated.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  13. Squawk

Squawk New Member

You shouldn't have to dry fire to disassemble. All I was saying. Get over yourself.

14. willfully armed

You made me LOL. Its cute, but your point does not apply to this situation.

15. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I'm replying under the assumption that the gun will dry fire when not trying to disassemble. So that would apply.

16. willfully armed

See underlined text in OP below

Then you offer advice 4 days after posting this.

I castigate you for your ignorance, yet I need to get over myself. Let me try to do so.

17. Squawk

Squawk New Member

So you like to pick on people? Way to go forum bully. You must be so proud.

18. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Let the OP speak for himself. I was under the impression he could dry fire the pistol. Just not while trying to disassemble.

You must feel great getting on forums to demean people. Instead, maybe politely explain the situation to a new person to the hobby instead of being an ******* and trying to make somebody not as gun savvy as you look stupid.

Like I said. Get over yourself.

19. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Way to turn the thread into a pissing match. Try to keep it a little more civil next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.