My Friend Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gabob, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabob

Gabob New Member

friend Jimmy just had what he always calls "Bob Deals". He once said he could make a good living just following me with a camera. Now it was his time to do something dumb
    Seems during the snow storm his metal carport roof had a heavy load of snow and slush and would not drain off. He got the bright idea to take his 20 gauge and shoot a drain hole in the metal roof. When he pulled the trigger the roof collapsed and knocked him out cold. His wife finally managed to drag him out from the wreckage of the carport. He is pretty stove up. Carport is still down on his tractor which has serious sheet metal damage. The muffler is sticking thru the roof metal. I think it is something in the water here that causes this

2. 22paul

22paul New Member

I don't mean to be rude but I'd sure like to see a picture of that carport. He should have known that a 22 was the way to go, it's way more adjustable.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

"Here, hold my beer, I'm gonna try somethin'. :eek:

Actually, I wish him well, but it's funny.

4. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

Pics of the carport, him under the carport or a video of him actually shooting it needs to be posted.:D

5. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Oh man you beat me to it....

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I am calling BS on this.

Sounds a little to far fetched to me.

7. Car54

Car54 New Member

Naw, I believe it. I had a friend who used a .45 to punch holes in his burn barrel. Too lazy to get a drill and bit I guess.

8. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

I see nothing wrong with his choice of tool for that particular job! Lazy maybe, but certainly more fun!

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I demand pictures of this. You can't tell a story like that and not have pictures.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

See no response so it was just some random stupid post to drum up idiots that believe it.

11. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Sounds like something you'd do! :D

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I have never had a single incident on a range and never will.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Got a nasty PM from the OP.... Said I needed to apologize. YEAH RIGHT WHAT EVER.....

Sorry I call it like I see it.

oh and apologizing is a sign of weakness.

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That is funny. If he posts some pics he could redeem his story. :)

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

He said that he was to far away and his friend didn't have a computer or anyway to send pics.

16. wolfdog

wolfdog New Member

I have known Bob for quite awhile now and I can assure you he is telling the truth. And I can also assure you that this story is nowwhere near as bad as some of the stuff Bob has got into over the years. If you all every get the chance to meet his best friend Pete he can tell you about the time Bob ran over him with a dump truck.

17. wolfdog

wolfdog New Member

Tango BTW every long term firearms enthuiest or instructer I have ever met have always said that anyone who has never had an incedent or AD with a firearm has not shot much or lies. I have found this to be true. Which are you?

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I got hundreds of thousands of rounds down range. Sorry if you think it must happen. It doesn't happen because I don't allow to happen. I have complete control over everything in AO on the range. I bet I got 10X more rounds down range than you do. So don't go telling me that I have to have incidents on the range. I have said it before and I will keep saying it. Stupid crap will not happen on my range because I will not ALLOW it to happen. Be complacent if you want and know your going to kill someone or pay attention and take control and don't allow things to happen. Hell I have trained at least 20 to 25 new shooters and never once have I had a problem. They get a sheet of what I expect and what happens when things don't go how I say. I have no problem screaming at some one doing something stupid on the range. As an E-4 I made an E-5 cry on the range at Fort Hood because I chewed her ass so hard for doing some thing stupid.

Say what you want. I know it will not happen.

Been shooting for 26 years. I don't get complacent at all, this is one of them hobbies that will kill you if you get stupid. Like your DA friend and goes shooting holes in his roof if he did and I am still calling BS on this one, he should try making himself smarter by swallowing a load of buckshot.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Actually, that's what they tell a newer shooter when they screw up so they don't get discouraged. Kinda like the first time one puts a car into a slide by locking up the brakes. :rolleyes:

I will address this another way...shooting any firearm into the roof of a carport is just a stupid move, imo. Too many things to go wrong, and where does the slug or shot go if it does penetrate the roof?

20. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

That's not nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.