Firearms Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, he got a little drunk and he shot it in his backyard. The police came and took his gun. He really doesn't know what could of happen to it. Anyone knows if some how he could get it back or is it long gone. It was a double barrel over under 12 guage shotgun made in italy and it was REALLY NICE.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well, he got a little drunk and he shot it in his backyard. The police came and took his gun. He really doesn't know what could of happen to it. Anyone knows if some how he could get it back or is it long gone. It was a double barrel over under 12 guage shotgun made in italy and it was REALLY NICE.
he would need to go down to the police station and talk with the officer who confiscated it. quite possibly he may be facing a fine if he discharged it within city limits.

i will also say this, drunks and guns are a bad combination. never mix firearms and alcohol as it can lead to bad results for everyone.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Axxe is right. Guns and booze dont mix.

·
Administrator
26,166 Posts
He needs to check with the police. If he was cited or arrested, there is a strong likelihood they are not GOING to give it back until he goes to court (evidence) and then it may be up to the judge. Depends on the charge.

Not to be piling on, but if I were responding to a call like that, and found a drunk firing a shotgun in a residential neighborhood, there would be a very strong chance he would be sitting in a cell, and the gun tagged and sitting in the property room. It probably does not rise to Felony Stupid, but would at least be misdemeanor Dumbass in Public.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Misemeaner Dumbass in Public...I have to remember that. I know a few people I would like to have charged.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Depends on what he is charged with and where you live. If he gets a felony rap then all bets are off and he may lose the shotty and every other gun he owns. In some cases people have been required to get a Court Order for the return of confiscated firearms. Sounds like your friend needs to speak with an attorney.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I believe this guy got you all! In other words you got tookn. Some goober got his Italian over and under,double barrel just confiscated. It could happen. JMB

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RufusTFirefly said:
How in the heck are we supposed to know if he'll get his gun back?
Lol just a question and I was just asking what he can do to find out if he can get it back

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
He does not sound like someone who should have control of a deadly weapon. He ignored the saftey of others and now wants some pity and the return of his shotgun. Are you asking this as a joke.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
If all that happened was his shotgun getting confiscated he is damn lucky to survive the experience as an unconvicted person with no charges.

My opinion suck it up be a man accept responsibility for your actions and go save for a new gun and stop drinking to excess. Nothing manly about being drunk its pretty stupid.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sounds like they all need to spend more time in skool.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I would talk to a 2A specialized attorney.

How do you know they aren't going to charge him with criminal dumb a$$ behavior? this might turn out to be an INEXPENSIVE life lesson. The loss of a really nice gun vs potential felony conviction...

·
Registered
564 Posts
~~~~gross criminal ugliness and felonious lack of intelligence?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I was going to try and offer a defense, who among us has not done something stupid ? Granted, getting ****faced and loading a 12 ga. is NEVER a good idea and I personally think the officer showed amazing restraint in not locking him up for his and the public's safety.

OK, I thought I could spin it but I'm drawing a blank other than Is this an isolated incident ? If yes, then the sherif shouldn't get an early X-Mas present. If no, then this is a "red flag" and the gun going away is the least of his problems...

When I lived in the South, I knew some older fellas who I don't think drew a sober breadth in their last 10-15 yrs on this earth and we they were always shooting something w/o incident. They were born w a gun in their hand and would not be surprised if they left instructions to be buried w one as well.

·
Registered
564 Posts
In 1990, I lived in Denver and belonged to a Black Powder Mountain Man club. One of the fellows there, a particularly nice guy, died in February. His wife had him cremated. He worked for the Forest Service. She asked his boss if it would be allright if she scattered his ashes over the front range forest. He had a fit, not only no but HELL NO, and he quoted her chapter and verse of rules and regulations. She said OK.

We always held a big 4th of July Celebration, and that year it was at the top of Kenosha Pass, west of Denver. People began showing up early in the day. Lots of people. The Forest Service heard about it and came running. It was their intent to restrict any activity which would give joy to the club. Did I mention that there were over a hundred vehicles in the parking lot? There were probably 400 guys in buckskin with rifles. THEN...........UP THE HILL comes the big diesel truck and it pulls in. They unload 2 hitches of big mules and a mountain howitzer with limber. When the mules are hitched and they head up the fire road towards the peak, all the mountain men fell in behind....nothing had been said, but everyone knew. They followed the cannon up to the peak where there is a clearing, and the cannon was placed, aiming out over the front range towards Denver, 30 miles to the East. The green suits are going beserk, but seem to be continually surrounded by buckskinners with rifles.

One of the prominent Gray Beards called the group to quiet and gave a very patriotic speech and then announced that they would fire a salute in honor of our friend who had passed away. Then the green suits knew that something was up.....they fired that cannon and there was a huge package that arced high into the air, its fuse trailing smoke then exploded with a thunderous roar. A large white cloud of ash drifted off into the wind.

The mules were hitched and the procession returned to the parking lot, where the cannon and mules were loaded and they proceeded on over the pass, and the collection of vehicles departed to the points of the compass and the green suits knew that they had lost and there was nothing they could do about it.

Some people are rightfully hostile towards authority.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That was very cool, What a way to honor that man! Awsome! As for the guy that was drunk and shooting off a gun! Really? After doing something like that, does he really deserve to get his gun back? I think not! At some point i should think he,s just plain lucky natural selection doesnt set in!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.