my first WASR 10

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Pasquanel, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I have been a gun enthusiast all my life and my focus has always been accuracy, if a rifle couldn't soot MOA or less I wasn't interested. But recently as I have begun to prepare for what maybe the coming insurrection and living in Maine where being able to see 100/150 yards is rare! The need for a bit more fire power became evident! I have been toying with a WASR 10 AK and having a blast (no pun intended) I did mount a scope on it for a while and managed 2" plus or minus groups and was delighted to do so! I have since switched to a "Red Dot" and again very impressed with the accuracy and ease of hitting targets out to 100 yards. I haven't' had the opportunity to try longer distances yet. Anyway I didn't mean blab so long and am attaching a couple of photos. http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/pasquanel/Ak-47/?action=view&current=DSC02859.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1194.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa373%2Fpasquanel%2FAk-47%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSC02858.jpg
    http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/pasquanel/Ak-47/?action=view&current=DSC02859.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1194.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa373%2Fpasquanel%2FAk-47%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSC02857.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Nice!!!
    Thanks for posting. This is almost the exact same setup that I am looking to go with (soon).

3. Scratch

Scratch New Member

Nice looking WASR.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hey MJ! Is that new to the family? :D

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I always enjoy shooting my buddy's WASR10. It has been very reliable and plenty accurate for plinking.

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

No just posted the pics for the OP so guys don't have to follow the links. I don't like having to follow links to check out pics.

7. Pasquanel

Thanks MJ I can use all the help I can get:)

8. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Hey Pasquanel,
    What brand/model red dot is that? I am checking out all the options so I will be prepared for the Zompocalypse!

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

10. Pasquanel

All my rifles have optical sights but I had no experience with red dot sights so rather than drop a lot of cash on the chance I might like one I googled red dot and the one from Leapers kept popping up as being quite good for the money.
    I think is was only $35 and so far I'm delighted as to how well it works. In fairness I haven't used it past 70 yards yet and its certainly not a bench rest sight but target acquisition is quick and easy! I just found it for less here.

Amazon.com: UTG lden Image 38mm Red Green Dot Sight: Sports & Outdoors

11. Pasquanel

12. coba29

coba29 New Member

Since we are on the topic of mounts.... I walked into a gun shop last week and saw a mount that fit sooo perfect than any other mount I've seen , look it up it's made by Texas weapon systems. The finish was great and it felt extremely strong

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Exactly, it replaces the rear sight but it does had a rear sight machined into it.

Texas Weapon System: http://texasweaponsystems.com/id10.html
    I've seen this around but held off due to the price and assumption of the extra weight.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Ah, ok, I thought I missed something! :D Maybe later after you get a Glock? :p

J/K :D

15. coba29

coba29 New Member

I saw it in a shop on a rifle and held it , there is also a YouTube review on it. It was about as much as the stock dust cover I'm ordering it on Monday I'll MSG you to let you know if it's worth it

16. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I've had a couple glocks 17 and a 19. Liked them but I prefer M&Ps. I've also done a few AKs in the past but am down to one at the moment.

17. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

18. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It's been really nice so far. The old site gave me a hassle because I was trynig to limp wrist it out so I didn't scratch anything. Once I man'd up it slid right out. The MI mount went right in and adjusted easily. It comes w/ some red loctite which is recommended.

It held zero, is light, solid, and looks cool.