My first trip to the range with the M&P

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Franciscomv, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I took my new 9mm S&W M&P to the range for the first time yesterday, it's really different to what I'm used to shoot (double action revolvers). The only semiautos I have some experience with are 1911's, and I a couple of traditional DA/SA pistols I had for a short while.

I'm happy with the gun, it had zero issues (I shot 150 rounds), the sights are easy to see and rapid firing is easy.

The picture is from the first magazine I fired, far from competition record worthy but decent enough for defense. Plus the groups grew steadily tighter as I became a bit more familiar with the trigger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

The group looks pretty good for the first time out. I only have shot a double action revolver. And btw, where'd you get the "bad kid" target?

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Nice gun. Good shootin'

4. ScottG

ScottG New Member

It looks like an unofficial Chavez portrait..........

5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

:D

They are sold at my gun club. We actually had some protests by human rights organizations about our targets, they wanted us to stop using anything that looked like a person. :confused:

6. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Actually the National umbrella organisation here, the SSAA (Sporting Shooters Assoc of Aust, which you are bound to join by law when you sign up with your local club) does not use human-shaped targets, and they also discourage the wearing of camo clothing on ranges. My club, being a Naval Reserve one which trains cadets etc has no problem with this; our targets are most definately human-shaped [see my range report for pic] and 'kill shots' are referred to for scoring purposes even though shooting at targets is all we will ever do. And lots of people wear camo. I bet the SSAA would have kittens about that lol

7. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Very nice shooting, and also a very nice sidearm.

:cool:

8. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Soooo........ paste his face on a picture of a parrot's ***.... problem solved!!!!! :D

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

10. bmb1127

bmb1127 New Member

i see alot more people with these at the range

11. wilddawg1

wilddawg1 New Member

targets

i get my targets from ops gear they have the top twelve guys would like to get a shot off at well all but one and i cant post his name here lmao. but there is hugo chavez/ saddam hussian/ idi amin/ abdiminjab just to name a couple and i wouldnt worry about those folks it is just paper if they dont like your choice of targets it is just to bad this is supposed to still be america where we have the freedom of choice for right now anyway. though i see much of our freedoms going down the crapper given the pols who are running this country.

12. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Excellent buy. I think you will be very pleased with the M&P. I've carried one for almost three years now and I have nothing bad to say about it. I've had zero malfunctions in thousands of rounds using nothing but WWB and defensive ammo. Its definitely a reliable and solid firearm.

Tell them to move to MA - where its against the law to shoot at silhouettes, let alone zombie Osama.

13. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Time to start using targets that look like human rights workers. :) The odd thing about this is that a human rights organization would come to the defense of cardboard. These people obviously don't have enough to do.

14. 7point62

You're joking, right?

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Some one could make a fortune with 3D targets.:D Molded full size replicas with a front and back. I think I am on to something here.:eek:

16. 7point62

Make one that spurts movie blood, and I'll be your first customer. :D