My first time with my Kimber

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by DarinCraft, Mar 16, 2010.

1. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I don't know what info I should post here, but this is the first seven rounds I ever shot out of my Kimber Custom II 5". The two fliers were completely my fault and the last five were pretty good. The range was 15 yards and I am ashamed to say the ammo was Wolf FMJ.

The gun fed flawlessly with the factory mag. It is true what they say about 1911's, I have no desire to own anything else. My Glock groups about 2" at 15 yards with great ammo and I used to think it was accurate.
    [​IMG]

2. Angrypoonani

Angrypoonani New Member

Awesome! That's a beautiful picture :D

Thank you for including your gun in the picture!!

RANT:
    it seems like a lot of range reports I've read don't have pictures of their gun with the targets they just shot?!?! I mean the targets are cool and all and they show how close together you got your bullets as they passed through the paper but sometimes you need to add a little eye candy ^_^
    It's like how they have car models you know? I mean... we are all really interested in the car and all the little gadgets and upgrades it has and how cool it looks, but the model directs our attention to certain aspects of the of the car and also keeps us entertained while some guy talks his yarn about how many speakers he has or how much horse power is under the hood...
    Iono maybe it's just meeee.... my $0.01 :p

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Great shooting, great pistol.
    Congrats and thanks for the report!

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Darin, great job and I hope you enjoy your kimber as much as I enjoy mine.

Now, what are you going to do with that glock? :D

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

It's like bragging about a nice car and then posting pictures of the tire streaks on the pavement. :rolleyes:

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Ahhh...Kimber...Baby...

A Kimber is like a Hot Blonde who:

Loves your faults...
    Forgives your tresspasses...
    And always goes where you want her too...:D

Ahhh...Kimber...Baby...

Here's Mine.:)

Attached Files:

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Nice Tackleberry. I'm liking the wilson mags too. :cool:

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      53.3 KB
      Views:
  8. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Sweet ! Mighty purty.. Unc has 2.. Brags about 'em.. Have to check them out.
    Great shooting !

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

This is a costly lesson for you in that no other handgun will ever feel "right" to you again. It's a damn sickness I tell you...

11. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

My Kimber manuel says NOT to use wolf ammo in the gun. My gun is over 12 years old, maybe you can shoot wolf through them now. just a thought.

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

They don't even allow wolf ammo at the range I use.

13. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Mine just says, no unjacketed and no reloads. I only put 2 mags through it and cleaned it. For me, I wouldn't have shot the wolf but that was all I had. The steel case I wouldn't trust on a cheaper gun and the powder is dirty.

14. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

Man, why did you have to go and post this? Now I want that Kimber Pro Raptor II even worse! :D My range does not allow Wolf ammo either. They check all ammo before you bring it in to make sure. Apparently it kills the ventilation.

15. amoroque

amoroque New Member

My range doesnt allow Wolf ammo either. I never considered the ventilation. I thought it was cause the lacquer coating could "stick" in the chamber.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  16. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

Yeah, the Wolf ammo creates some nasty fumes. I've seen guys who reload with cheap stuff fire off a couple of mags and all of a sudden the whole range is filled with smoke. All you need is a set of 80's disco balls and some ABBA.

17. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

DarinCraft, you will probably love your Kimber. I certainly love my Ultra Carry II and it's an excellent shooter too. I only feed it my loads with my cast 230 gr. tire weight boolits.
    I have never fired a Wolf round in any of my guns and I never will. I'd rather get a good whiff of burnt IMR 4895 or Alliant Unique.