Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you know ive had a bit of an ongoing saga with reloading the last couple days but ive finally got some finished product, tell me what you think. the gold looking bullet is a factory bullet, the copper ones are my reloads.

tell me what you think

am i in good shape? or should i seat them just a little bit higher?

Attachments

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks joe:D. considering the factory rounds chamber just fine, shouldn't these also considering they are pretty close to the same?

what kinds of things affect chambering?

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Billy Bob any encouragement is good.

I have cranked out about 40. and despite a few kinks and problems I have really enjoyed it. its definitely a fun hobby, i can see how some people get obsessed with it haha.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that sounds awsome billybob. do you know what the name of the tool is?

say the bullets fit and feed right and everything, what kind of stuff will effect the accuracy?

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
range report: i shot 40 today down at the range and I the gun jammed a few times on me. mostly failure to feed. i looked at the casings and it looks like maybe they arent crimped quite enough and thus there was too big of a lip around where the bullet meets the casing. I adjusted my reloader and ill give you guys an update either this weekend or wednesday.

is there anything else that could be causing feeding issues? I have the minimum powder ammount in, should i maybe give just a little bit more powder or should I wait and see what my crimping adjustments do for me?

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is there anything I have to worry about if the crimp is a little bit too tight but the bullet seats fine? because I tightened it quite a bit.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will do that test with the field stripped bullet for sure but assuming the bullet goes in the barrel just the same as the factory load does is where my question lies...

perhaps either im not understanding what you guys are saying, or you aren't understanding what I am asking because I am asking it wrong but what Im wondering is; is it possible to have not enough flare at the head of the cartridge?

I know now from experience that it is possible to have too much flare so i tightened it quite a bit, but is it possible to have it too tight? or is the rule of thumb that as long as it is big enough for the bullet to seat properly, its ok?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.