My first Ruger..............

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Bob Wright, May 27, 2008.

1. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

This is my first Ruger, and the first brand-new gun I ever bought. I have had it just over fifty years now, and fired just over 16,000 rounds through it:

[​IMG]

I bought the gun May 2, 1958, in Paso Robles, California, while stationed at Camp Roberts with the 10th Infantry. I have fitted an Old Army steel grip frame with a wide trigger from Dave Clements. I had Dave refinish the gun, sending it to Doug Turnbull for clor case hardening. The grips are mesquite, from Cary Chapman. Cary recently confirmed that these are the first mesquite grips he made.

Bob Wright

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That is a handsome and well cared for handgun. I hope you enjoy it for another fifty years Bob.

3. h&k bigdaddydieseldan

h&k bigdaddydieseldan New Member

Very nice looking Bob and it still looks great even after fifty years and 16,000 rounds going through it :D :cool:

4. Ruger Redhawk

Ruger Redhawk New Member

Good looking gun, those grips sure are purdy.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Really nice piece Bob - Very well maintained. You have some really nice taste in revolvers. :D

JD

6. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

That is a beautiful gun. You should be proud. I hope you are as fortunate to last that long. Very nice.:D

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Excellent ruger there!!!!!

8. hudd357mag

hudd357mag New Member

Beautiful finish on it. Has a lot of character. I dont think I have put 16,000 rounds through my 22 yet:confused:

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

WOW That is one SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Looking pistolero you got there my man. I have always urned for a single action revolver some nice leather and a 10 gal hat to play cowboy and Natitive American brothers with. (You know you have to be PC today). LOL

10. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Uh, the PC term is "bovine person."

Bob Wright

P.S. Having written that, I am reminded of a statement made by the head of our engineering department many years ago. We had designed a very tall bucket elevator tower, which was stabilized by guy wires. He made the comment the guy cables would be attached to concrete "dead persons" embedded in the ground. This from an otherwise humorless but brilliant engineer.

Bob Wright

11. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Sort of like this?

[​IMG]

Bob Wright

12. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Ho, how I love SA revolvers... and yours really takes the cake!

BEAUTIFUL!

13. merlin12scuba

merlin12scuba New Member

I've always heard that trying to be PC is like trying to pick up a "small sample of feces" from the clean end....

14. goretro77

goretro77 New Member

Awesome post. Awesome gun!

Thank you sir, its nice to see your Ruger firearm and looks like its in great shape.

I love Rugers and the revolvers, well, they are built like tanks, reliable, accurate. I have the GP100 for tons of years now and shot about 5000 rounds through it. I hope to someday get up to your rounds count! :) I know I will certainly have fun trying!
    [​IMG]

15. WDB

WDB New Member

You do understand this thread is 2 3/4 old since the last post?

16. goretro77

goretro77 New Member

ha! I just saw the date on the post before mine and didn;t check any of the earlier ones.

OP probably has a few more thousand rounds on the Ruger by now.

17. WDB

WDB New Member

No matter, that is a good looking Ruger you have there. Thanks for sharring your picture and thoughts.

18. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Ok. Thumbs down to you for dragging up an old thread and making me think it was a new one. :mad:

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

No problem, I was fooled too. Thumbs UP for you for adding a great pic to the thread anyway!