my first revolver

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by g17frantz, Jan 6, 2012.

1. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Well guys I did it....I bought my first revolver. A little snubby .38 Taurus 85. Ive heard nothing but good things about this revolver. I like the size and the feel of it. Picked her up brand new out the door for $300 flat. Whatcha think? Good deal? Good gun?

Attached Files:

2. DodgeThis

DodgeThis New Member

Some will down on Taurus, but I've had nothing but good out of their revolvers. Looks good. Sounds like a good price. Good luck. Hope it serves you well.

3. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Yea I hope I don't get trolled on this being a Taurus. Just wanted to share with you guys. My semi-auto Taurus 9mm I used to have functioned flawlessly the 1000+ rounds I shot through it. Ive read great reviews on the model 85 and none bad that i saw besides the trigger pull wasn't as good as an airweight s&w

4. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Trolled on for a Taurus? Seriously?

I just spent 30 minutes reading on a Jennings thread that was rip van winkled from 2 years ago that got fairly "western" at times, but Taurus? Really?

5. towboater

towboater Active Member

Good looking revolver. Congrats on your first. I think you"ll be happy with it.

6. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Yea man it happens all the time

7. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Hmmm...to each their own, I guess. I have a range buddy who is a Taurus guy...has several. Has nothing but good to say about them. I've shot his 24/7 a few times and liked it just fine.

I think yours is a nice lookin' little piece...congrats & enjoy!

8. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Thanks man. I had the 24/7 pro c 9mm that shot great. I think ill enjoy this one too!

9. Coach50

Coach50 New Member

I think it looks great too and best of luck with it. Disregard any negative comments and enjoy it.

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Dang it again frantz!! Turn you loose for a little while and you go and buy a taurus!!
    Just kidding brother,thats a nice clean little pistol.i wouldnt mind having one like that.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

I had one just like it with the rossi name on it and a polished finish. Loved it, but needed money, only reason I sold it.

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Taurus makes awesome guns no doubt about that. There semi auto 22's dont seem to be that great over all but like so many others 22 pistols ammo is key

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

13. Retcop

Retcop New Member

To Each his own so enjoy the Taurus and I am sure it won't be your last revolver. They can become addictive. ;)

14. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Dang skippy they can/are

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's all I want, revolvers. I guess I have to add a 1911 someday, but I'd be fine with nothing but revolvers.

16. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Hey just cuz the corp issued you a pos doesnt mean all semis are bad walt.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hey, I like the M9, except for that fat grip. Its the issued ammo I hated. :)

18. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Hmmmmm true. Also the fact that its a 9 mm. Which ya w truelly good ammo 9 is ok but it still isnt a 45 or say....357 sig. I have wheel guns to.

19. phburks

phburks New Member

Nice looking gun IMO. I just picked up a Taurus 605 .357 magnum at a gun show a couple months ago. Looks identical to the 85. I've put several dozen rounds thru it so far and I love it. It also is very easy to conceal. I wear it IWB and barely notice its even there.

ForumRunner_20120107_080105.jpg

20. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

Good questions to ask before you purchase!;)

The money is gone, so it's too late to be asking that question. So get'er out to the range and let US know how it shoots!

BTW, it looks great!