My first real Handgun

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Nate882004, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Nate882004

Nate882004 New Member

I'm looking to buy my first real handgun and get my concealed carry. I think I'm set on the Glock 19 Gen3. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

Nope good Glock to pick, very reliable and easy to carry all day... wife loves here G19.. good luck..

3. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

If it fits your hand and you shoot it well pick it. Not a glock fanboy myself but my hands are different than your hands.

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I have a G19 gen 4. I like it. It's easy to strip & clean. Sometimes it throws a case at my face. I have to get that fixed. I don't think the gen 3s do this. I don't use any of the backstrap inserts making the grip thiner than the gen 3s. I did change the sights. You should take a look at the S&W M&P 9mm. I think it has a better grip.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The title sez "real handgun", but it is posted n the Glock section? ;)

Your hands are different than mine or others. You have to find what works for you. Use the proper grip when trying them out for fit.

6. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I'd say picking the glock as a first is a good choice. My glock was my 3rd handgun. #1 and #2 are long since gone, and I still have and carry the glock.

7. Nate882004

Nate882004 New Member

I bought a G26 Gen 3 off gunbroker.com for $605.00 after tax and shipping. My FFL is only charging me $30 to process. Thanks for all the help.

8. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

You will be ready to Glock around the clock!!!

9. Nate882004

Nate882004 New Member

So, now, any particular IWB holsters you guys want to recommend? Or Ankle holsters?

10. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

11. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

U cant go wrong with the gen 3 g19 i just recently bought one as my first glock and im in love its the first of many glock purchases in my future

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

Glocks are great. I carry a G20. Would not want anything else. Been doing so 20 plus years.

A Glock is a different bird, not to everyone's liking. One thing that gets it noticed, good and bad, is the trigger and the absence of an external trigger block safety.

While the industry moved on to decocking handguns, Glock went the other way.

If you have lunch money in yout pocket, and you want to add an external trigger block safety to your Glock, making it impossible to shoot, unless you want to shoot it by easily removing the safety, order something called a Safe-T-Blok. Available on Amazon.

With it, you increase the level of safely carrying a round in the chamber, to just as safe, or safer, than only having ammo in the magazine.

The trigger safety issue for Glocks is highly contested in forums, and the general consensus is they are not necessary. I feel safety, is never to much trouble.

Enjoy the Glock. Before you pick it up, hit a box store, and get a safe to keep it in.

Holster? I have two. One is soft, and holds an extra mag. Brand is liberty sporting. Some Wal-Mart's have them. I also have a BlackHawk that the gun locks into. High tech. Prefer the simpler liberty that holds an extra mag.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013