My first real 1911...meet Dan!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by jamesb, Mar 28, 2011.

1. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Dan Wesson that is :whistling: Long story short: Had a Kimber, didn't like it. Picked up a bunch of other guns over the past 8 months and decided last week I needed to try another 1911. Picked this up and love it! Have 300 flawless rounds through it so far. Damn thing is a tack driver (at least in the hands of my buddy).

Only 500 made this year. Forged frame, tool steel fire controls, match barrel, just absolute sweetness!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Very, very nice 1911 you got there. congrats and enjoy the hell out of it! ;)

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Congrats! Every DW I've had / have are great for the price.

4. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Congrats

She's a beauty, but I was wondering what kind of problems did you have with your Kimber and also what model was it? I've been looking at them and this is the first negative comment I've heard.:confused:

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very nice indeed. :cool:

6. Theunsb

Theunsb New Member

Really a true beauty.

7. jamesb

jamesb New Member

I had a Pro Carry II. If you search here I believe or Glock Talk. I had issues with FTFeeds with FMJ and HP. Both after and during the hundreds of rounds I put through it. Stock mags and Cobra mags too. It happened too much for me to even consider carrying the firearm. I ended up trading it away.

Some people like Kimbers, some don't. I like the looks of them, but not sure if I would spend my money on them to hope I get one that works well when the DWs and other options are a few hundred more.

Also want a Nighthawk Customs T3 Comp...unfortunately I don't have the money for it though. :rolleyes:

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Great looking piece you've picked up there and I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. I'm also sorry to hear about your Kimber, I've had 2 of the same model and loved them both.

9. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

That is one nice looking 1911. Super jealous.

10. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congrats! :D

You can't go wrong with ol' Dan there. I have met him myself, and he's a helluva performer! ;)

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I love the clean lines of that DW!

And it has a "real", 1911 long trigger!