my first pistol

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by usmarine3533, Jul 4, 2012.

1. usmarine3533

usmarine3533 New Member

Just got my first pistol. Gen 3 block 32 .357 Sig

ForumRunner_20120704_110548.jpg

ForumRunner_20120704_110532.jpg

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Nothing wrong with a G32...well, other than the spendy appetite.

I have a Glock and I have a 357sig (but that's two different guns for me). I'll stand behind the performance of either, but there are a few things (namely feel/trigger of the Glock and range ammo price of 357sig) that I don't love about each. But they'll both perform for sure.

Do yourself a favor and add a $120 Lone Wolf conversion barrel that shoots either 9mm or 40sw. Or both. I think you'll find it an extremely worthy investment that will result in a more versatile firearm that's also less costly to feed at the range. That's where Glock really shines in my opinion. Their conversion potential is vast, functional, and affordable.

BTW- My Glock is a G27, and my 357 is a Sig P226. Both are fine guns...maybe not my perfect 'mind's eye' fit, but fine guns nonetheless.

3. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Feeding that will be expensive but fun.

4. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Pretty sweet man. I wana get my hands on one. How much you spend on ammo?

5. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

Good choice my friend!!!
    Can't go wrong with a glock!

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Congrats on your gun. I carry a Gen3 Glock 35 .40 cal. I love this gun and haven't had any problems with it.

7. cheftonyb

cheftonyb New Member

I have glock 22 40 cal. Asked around about coversion barrel to 9 mm and was told the gun would not fire properly. Any truth to this?

8. usmarine3533

usmarine3533 New Member

A box of fmj is around $30 for 50 rounds

9. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

357 sig is expensive to shoot. But it is a grate self defense round. I agree with the lone wolf .40 or 9mm for target shooting.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I got a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel for my G23 and it works great. Also works great in my G27 so I bet the model for the G22 is GTG as well. You don't have to change the extractor or RSA either, just get 9mm mags.

11. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If I was a "Glockster" (I don't hate 'em....just don't love 'em so much myself), I'd have absolute confidence in running conversion setups through Lone Wolf. Most of their barrels can be delivered to your door for $100-140.

The affordable conversion versatility of Glock is one of their stronger attributes in my opinion. The price isn't nearly as freindly if you intend to convert an alloy Sig or even an XD/XDm from what I've seen.

In every gun I've handled, a Glock 40-9 conversion will even run fine on 40sw mags. And adding the 9mm mags is easy enough if you so choose. And if you opt for a 357sig/40sw conversion, that's nothing but a barrel swap for every manufacturer/model I'm aware of. The mags are the same. I guess you can play with the springs if you're anal about details.

In other words...if you like shooting Glocks, get to know Lone Wolf. Buy a barrel for $120. If it doesn't suit your needs, you'll sell it easily enough for $100. I've actually been thinking of ditching my P226 (357sig) for a G20 (w/ 357sig conversion). The P226 is a far nicer gun...but the Glock could shoot two calibers I can hardly afford...that makes sense, right? :confused:

If someone told me I could own just one pistol, it just might be a G23, with conversion barrels for 9mm and 357sig. Not nearly the greatest gun, but very versatile and at an affordable price.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  12. cheftonyb

cheftonyb New Member

Thanks for info very helpful. I will be going with the lone wolf barrel.

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Good write up sweeper! That logic is why I went with the G23 last year. (And of course the OP's G32 would fit the bill too.) When I got my G27 I was pleased to discover the G23 Lone Wolf barrel worked in it as well (just sticks out 1/2").

If anyone's interested last time I checked Cheaper Than Dirt had the LW barrels for $100.