My first handgun.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by RugerSR9, Aug 16, 2012.

1. RugerSR9

RugerSR9 New Member

Hello there. I recently purchased my first handgun. It's the Ruger SR9. It's also the first handgun I ever shot too. I guess I wanted my first shot to be my own gun. I've been to the range twice and the gun has been excellent. It doesn't jam or misfire. I did hours of research on gun safety, laws, and maintenance. I clean the gun after every range visit by following other guys cleaning their SR9 on YouTube. The range has been fun but intimidating at first. I just would like to know what would be your next step. What was your next firearm decision after your first gun.

Thanks

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

How about stopping by the introductions thread and giving us some more backstory :)

2nd decision after purchasing my 1st gun ... shoot the snot out of it. Keep going back to the range, get comfortable shooting it. Take a look at Youtube for practice videos, shoot the snot out of it ... repeat as necessary ;)

Congratulations

3. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I just got a ruger sr9c I love it

4. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

Would you be interested in getting into hunting? Maybe talk a friend into buying a gun that you`d like to shoot also:p to goto the range with you. Once you get bitten theres no cure. I think everyone should have a .22lr to plink with, be it a pistol or long gun.

Badshot

5. hmh

hmh New Member

Dido if it wasn't for .22lr I could only afford to shoot once a month.

6. RugerSR9

RugerSR9 New Member

The first shot was a bit scary but I've been addicted since, love the range. I actually don't know anyone who owns a gun and most of my friends have never even held one. What .22 would you recommend?

Thanks again.

7. hmh

hmh New Member

10/22 ruger takedown or mark III 22/45 tactical with threaded barrel and removable grip panels.