My first handgun

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by Cromo2014, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Cromo2014

Cromo2014 New Member

After doing some research and joining this forum gathering info ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1396055026.652388.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1396055042.775600.jpg on which handgun to purchase before I got my purchase permit which in the state I live (NJ) is a hassle and usually a long wait period I managed to get it in a month. Weird but great. Purchased a M&P 40 range kit. It's been about 2 weeks since I've brought it, shot about 300 rounds and it's a good gun. Trigger is pretty spongy but I plan on installing an Apex trigger kit. Also put on a Talon grip. Posted a pic after I purchased it and another with the Talon grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice! Congrats! A good choice. I love my M&P's. I'm sure that puppy will continue to serve you well.

PS you can get 9mm and .357 Sig barrels for it later on if you want. Kinda like three guns in one.

Enjoy!

3. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats on the addition

4. Cromo2014

Cromo2014 New Member

Thanks I really wanted the M&P 40c but those didn't come with a range kit. But I plan on purchasing it down the road

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

I have a 9 and a 9c. Excellent guns.

6. Cromo2014

Cromo2014 New Member

I might try out the 9c for my next purchase instead of the 40c

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I'm awaiting delivery of a M&P .40 early next week.

Congrats.

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

How do you like the Bladetech holster?

9. Cromo2014

Cromo2014 New Member

The blade tech holster is uncomfortable for me so I changed it from belt to paddle and it's better.

10. toroboy

toroboy New Member

It seems that with fluctuations in ammo availability these days, the one ammo I always see everywhere is 40SW. This is the one major caliber for which I didn't have a pistol. So, yesterday I got a wild hair and decided it's time to add to my collection.

After a lot of study i purchased an M&P 40c.

Today I went to the range and fell in love with this weapon!

It operated flawlessly out of the case and put together patterns that surprised me for my first time out. Suffice it to say, I have a new CC favorite and am very pleased with my 2nd S&W!

Now I need to sell my G36 to offset the cost of the new purchase. There's nothing wrong with it, I just don't need two pistols with similar dimensions and the M&P fits my hand better. If anyone is in the market for a great G36, please PM me for my contact information and item specifics. It's in excellent condition.

You can't be a pimp and a prostitute too...

11. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Congrats, great purchase. You will be very happy. Can we expect a range report from you soon?

12. toroboy

toroboy New Member

I wish I were technically knowledgeable enough to be able to provide a detailed range report to the extent my fellow FTF compadres with more experience than I have, would view it as credible.

As one who is never at a loss for words though, here's my take on it:

I took my M&P 40c out to the range yesterday with a friend who has a lot more experience with firearms than I do. We went through my G36, R1, CZ-75B, and the M&P 40c. In his opinion the M&P was his favorite with the CZ coming in a close 2nd. What was fun about the M&P was we had a chance to try out some standard American Eagle target loads as well as some Liberty self-defense loads. The Liberty loads were high velocity (2000 FPS 60 grain) HP's and we were in awe of them. Kind of snappy for such a hot load but accuracy was very manageable. Even so, the report from this load was so pronounced we had the range manager come over and ask what we were shooting. He thought it was a hot 44 magnum or very hot 357 magnum. He was surprised to learn it was a .40 S&W. I know they're expensive. But, I'm going to get more of the Liberty ammunition.

Regardless, after it was all said and done, the M&P operated flawlessly regardless of the rounds used. It is also one of the easiest pistols to clean I've ever owned.

My issue now is to find a great quality IWB holster for it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

13. JW357

JW357 New Member

I like Old Faithful. You can det a kit that you assemble yourself for about half the cost of the pre-assembled rig.

They offer a great warranty. And they're just quality products.

14. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Same here toroboy, just ordered M&P 40c, should be in a few days. Show license 72 hours get gun - gotta love Florida.