My First gun! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by kneedeep323, Jul 19, 2010.

1. kneedeep323

kneedeep323 New Member

Hello everyone........ Just recieved my first gun ever, and im new to this site. its a colt anaconda .45........ a few questions though. This gun was given to me from my barber of 20+ years in excellent condition however, he said it was not registered in his name and the guy he got it from didnt register it either the original owner is probably deceased now 9/10.... is it better to keep it unregistered or should i register it? can i even register it? and is it a gun worth keeping? im in love with this gun i seen the other day at the local gun store "Sig Sauer P226" in a .357sig and planning on purchasing a saiga 7.62 ..... i do have others on the list unfortunately i live in CA........ what are some other good firearms to add to my collection?

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

An Anaconda in .45?

Unregistered in California?

Asking if you should break the law?

Hmmmm....

3. kneedeep323

kneedeep323 New Member

.45 long colt i mean, i dont want to break any lawsA but i was told they will confiscate it if the original owner is deceased now is that true??????

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Contact an attorney. It's never a good idea to ask for legal advice on any internet forum.

But it sounds like a real nice gun.

5. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Seems to be a trend here..........

6. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Personally I woulda kept my mouth closed about the whole deal :rolleyes:

7. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

If you moved to Texas, it would be legal. Private party sales do not require paperwork. (However, it is still a good idea to keep a receipt or bill of sale in case the guns history ever come into question.) Good luck with whatever you do. Sounds like a nice gun.

8. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

You probably ought to send that Anaconda to me for "safe keeping".

9. amoroque

amoroque New Member

+1 on what Scott said!

And post some pics! gosh darnit! :)

10. jabbo

jabbo New Member

This just a thought but if you want it in your name as in registered. This is something I think you can do as long as the gun isn't stolen/used in a murder. One could just stroll over to the nearest pawn shop pawn it then come in say 2 days and then pay the pawn fee and its then registered in your name. I think that's the way it goes I maybe way but was just a suggestion. So dont quote me I believe it is one way to get things of the sort of nature in ones own name legally.....

If I'm wrong someone please send a note to me....

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Free legal advice from the interwebz is worth exactly what you pay for it. Please contact an attorney and get actual legal advice and disregard the opinions that you have gotten here.

12. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

The Anaconda is a total piece of junk. I may know someone who is interested in that type of firearm. Might get you a couple hundred for it towards that sig226?

13. Byrdguy

Byrdguy Member

Look up the California gun laws on the net. They'll be there.

14. rugermatt

rugermatt New Member

i really doubt that a california pawn shop would take an unregistered fierarm, but i'm not up on cali gun laws either.