My first deer

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Georgiahunter, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

hot my 1st deer Friday! How many deer do y'all usually get a season?

Attached Files:

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

That deer ain't got no antlers!!

3. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Yea, it's a doe, weighed 105 lbs.

4. 44ablast

44ablast New Member

Congratulations ! Small young does are the best for eating ,nice and tender right off the grill . Don't worry about Antlers ya can't eat them :)

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I've been hunting for 20 years and I have yet to get a deer :eek:. The only time I see a deer is when I'm not hunting, but when I'm hunting I never see one :eek:.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Oh damn. Is that what I have to look forward too? I've hunted off and on for over 10 years and have yet to get one too. Except with my truck...

By the way hunter, that's nice, looks like a great clean shot too.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i normally get one or two a year and one or two roadkills... didnt buy my license this year however. not really sure why. just kinda didnt.

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

1 a year, if I'm lucky. Time, time, time. Not enough of it.

9. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

Congrats! Anyone who has access to good hunting land can usually fill their tags. The number of animals harvested will largely depend on the legal limits.

I am fortunate that I can harvest one Whitetail buck, a Whitetail doe and a Mule Deer buck. I very rarely harvest a doe though.

10. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

thats a great first deer

11. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Nice! Details man! Gun caliber, range, etc.

As trip mentioned, looks like nice shot placement! Congrats!

12. fmj

fmj New Member

REALLY!!!!!!! Thats all you've got?!?!

try again!!

13. fmj

fmj New Member

CONGRATS!!!!

Theres a BUNCH of good eatin right there!! Makes my mouth water just looking at those pics!!

I used to take 2-3 a year, enough to eat on for the year. Make for nice variety mixed in with beef, pork and chicken.

No place to hunt this year so i am living vicariously thru others...

Dont let 'em get ya down...i have killed quite a few bucks and the one irrifutible truth i have learned is that antlers make a damn thin stew, are very tough and cause grief to the dental work!!

14. fmj

fmj New Member

Yeah, details man, DETAILS!!

I also concur, good shot placement, doesnt look like it was a tough tracking job at all.

15. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

It's just my luck, but I also thoroughly enjoy just being out on the family's land hunting and getting a deer would just be icing on the cake for me. The funniest thing I can think of is when one time I was just sitting in a chair down near the creek and a deer comes right up behind me and starts licking my ear. It wasn't deer season either :eek:.

16. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

Now I want some of that buck-lure.

17. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Congrats! That will be good eatin' fer sure!
    I'm very lucky to get one a year here in NY. It's been a long time since I shot a buck and once in a while I'll get 2 deer, one with bow and one with the gun. Last year was a good one. You never know, that's why it's hunting!

18. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Most States have both sex or either sex seasons for deer depending on herd population density and the predicted amount of winter feed that will be available.

It was intended to be a joke.

I need to take someone hunting who has a license and tag on years when I don't.....It's the only time I see game!! Unless I'm in the field without a gun or the season is closed. Then they feed in my front yard, knock on the door selling last years shed antlers and boxes of little chocolate candies!! :mad:

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

I haf one run right in front of me while I was in the middle of a reload, target shooting on my parents property. It wasn't deer season then either. :(

20. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Ok, I shot it with my savage .308 at about fifty yards, at around 10:30 in the morning.