My first Colt of many:)

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JoshH, Oct 17, 2013.

1. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Well I finally took the plung and picked up this beautiful Combat Commander today. $1023 after tax, brand spankin new. I think I'm developing an addiction!!

Attached Files:

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Very Nice!!! One of these days I'm going to step up to a Colt.

3. JoshH

JoshH New Member

This is my 3rd 1911 but my first "real" 1911. Couldn't be happier right now. Now I'm jonesing for range time though.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice lookin gun. Congrats.

5. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

That's one nice looking gun! Have fun with it!

6. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Thanks gents, took her out this morning and ran 100 rounds of 230 grain through her. Man does this gun shoot like a dream! The fit and finish is amazing and she performed flawlessly. Only thing I might change is the ambi safety. The trigger breaks clean and crisp and my groups where not too bad. I'm picking up a couple hundred rounds today to see what she likes to eat besides the standard ball ammo I had on hand. I'll post a range report later. If you haven't considered a 1911 made by Colt yet, you better get your priorities in order:)

7. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Congrats on the Colt!

I purchased a Colt combat commander last month and have been very happy with the pistol.

Enjoy! :)

8. hkhunter

hkhunter New Member

I bought my first 1911, a Colt commander blued in 1980. I had it accurized by Clark Customs, it shoots great. It's beautiful blue, I do t shoot it much but it's super accurate. Really a really great gun. NIB then was $350.00

9. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Wish I could get a Colt for $350:( I can't even get a case of plinker ammo for that these days. These asshats want .50 a round if you buy 50 or 5000 SMDH!! Reloading supplies have almost doubled if you can even find them. Guess I shoulda stocked up before old Obummer conned his way in to the Whitehouse..

10. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

11. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

A Colt 1911 would be a step down for me.:D