·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Oops. Yep. It's not a carbine. Similar, but not. It's a braced pistol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have been researching and while the Extar EP9 is on my list I am also looking at a rifle. I feel good about the S&W MP15 Sport II at $700, but I did see some ATI for $400. If I go over $500 I am going to just get the S&W because of name. Does anyone have feedback on ATI or S&W?

·
Premium Member
4,685 Posts
I have been researching and while the Extar EP9 is on my list I am also looking at a rifle. I feel good about the S&W MP15 Sport II at $700, but I did see some ATI for $400. If I go over $500 I am going to just get the S&W because of name. Does anyone have feedback on ATI or S&W?
That S&W is a very good rifle. No flaws at all with mine. I can recommend it.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I own an S&W M&P Sport II. For an AR-15 it seems like a very good quality gun for the money. I can see no reason to spend more on one. I would buy another one if I had it to do over again and think it was a very good choice for my wants and needs. I still prefer my other semi-auto 5.56 but it won't be outlawed, is never spoken about and the AR is on many people's elimination list which is why I bought it. "I will not comply" and have the T-shirt to prove it......

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I own a Hi Point 995 and don't care who knows. It's a cluster of a design but all it requires for cleaning is a good flush out with GT85, it eats everthing, never ever fails to fire, feed, or eject, cost me $230 brand new, and is accurate within its' range. I don't care if it's ugly. AR-15's are ugly to me but I don't care.

·
Registered
748 Posts
You raised a second question. If I get a pistol caliber which one. Does the .45 recoil much?
One thing about the Hi-Points, at least the .45 is that they do kind of recoil against your cheek, that is why mine has that home made cushion for a cheek weld. I think its a combination of the spring loaded butt plate, and the heavy bolt in a blowback operated rifle.

·
Proud to be an American
3,712 Posts
I have a critter problem a bunch of raccoons have found me and they are persistent to say the least!
I have an Extar Ep9 with a laser/light combo on a pressure switch and a reflex sight.
Tonight (10 min ago) I can see they are after my bird-feeders so I quietly step out on the back deck and they take off like greyhounds! 30/35 yards out they stop to look back! Laser and light come on and three dead raccoons.
I love this thing it has been great with the critter problems and it would be great for home defense!

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I have a critter problem a bunch of raccoons have found me and they are persistent to say the least!
I have an Extar Ep9 with a laser/light combo on a pressure switch and a reflex sight.
Tonight (10 min ago) I can see they are after my bird-feeders so I quietly step out on the back deck and they take off like greyhounds! 30/35 yards out they stop to look back! Laser and light come on and three dead raccoons.
I love this thing it has been great with the critter problems and it would be great for home defense!
Coons are evil scourges. They're filthy animals and smart but they can't outrun bullets. Daniel Boone liked making caps out of them too.

·
Proud to be an American
3,712 Posts
I put out a 220 Connibear bucket set this afternoon and it just killed two raccoons at the same time!! That's the second time that's happened!

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
@Pasquanel , some questions about your EP9.

1. Looks like the factory NIB unit comes with an upper and lower picatinny rail as well as the SB 'Tactical SOB' brace ... yes?

2. Which forward hand brace do you have mounted on that? Is that attached via a picatinny-type mount, underneath?

3. How is the reliability? Any break-in period, particular issues the thing tends to have, etc.?

4. Is it particular about ammo, certain ammo that it runs flawless in it? Any issues running JHP ammo, for example?

5. Have you happened to chrono the thing, to gauge what sort of velocities you're getting with it? (Just wondering, given the short barrel.)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
When it comes to 9mm PCC i always recommend the CZ Scorpion, which I have personal experience with - fantastic little gun. I had a braced pistol, but the carbine is well thought off.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
When it comes to 9mm PCC i always recommend the CZ Scorpion, which I have personal experience with - fantastic little gun.
The Scorpion EVO 3 A1 9mm SMG would be great. If the BATFE ever gets nixed (or strung up to wither), it'd be nice to consider the Scorpion EVO 3, the H&K MP5K-PDW, the H&K UMP9, ...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts