my first American eagle

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Reinhard, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

got this luger today ,American Eagle in 9 mm, don't know much about it what do you think ? serial is 28827,all numbers match
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Nice!!! Looks great, amigo. How's the bore?

I knew a guy many years ago who had inherited one that was absolutely mint. He kept it dropped in a cotton sock, in his sock drawer. Not a gun guy at all, but he had fired it. I wanted it bad, and he knew it.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Very nice!! Very clean, looks to be collectable! Well Done!

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

5. Reinhard

the bore is a real sunshine,it has a few spots on the outside here and there ,but for a 104 year old luger not bad ,thanks for the kind words,Don thanks for that site
    some real jewels on there
    here is a pic. of Frank Hammer taken in 1907 holding an American eagle (maybe mine LOL)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  6. mag318

mag318 Member

DWM engraved the American Eagle on Lugers to increase USA sales, and it was great marketing. American Eagle Lugers are extremely collectable and increase in value per annum faster than the stock market. It looks like someone at some point replaced your front sight. This does effect the value a little but it was common practise with a lot of shooters of these fine pistols.

7. Reinhard

yes they are very collectable,but I had to give the gun back,the extractor's serial did not match,even with the mismatched extractor the gun still has a good collectors value, ($2500) , when I purchase a gun all serials must match