My first 1911!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by crosshairs74, Aug 30, 2012.

1. crosshairs74

crosshairs74 New Member

My first but definitely not my last! When I was looking for my first concealed carry I looked at a lot of guns, I already knew I wanted .45 auto. After holding a variety of styles and a little research I knew I wanted a 1911 because of the single action and safety features.....not to mention the feel and looks. I seen the Sig C3 two tone and fell in love, of course I did a lot of research for my price range and was sold on the Sig. I wish I had the traditional slide on it though,but after running 200 rds through it with no hiccups I couldn't be happier :eek:)

Attached Files:

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Another who found out that 1911 is a great firearm.
    Nice looking piece.

Welcome to the club!

3. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

You do understand that when you say "first" 1911 that automatically implies there will be a second......and a third....

4. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Very nice first. And they're right .... "first" is the appropriate word. Make room for siblings! :)

5. crosshairs74

crosshairs74 New Member

Oh yeah....I'm thinking like a full size, maybe a Springfield. But then again I've heard the Taurus is decent for the money....any thoughts?

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yep, you are totally screwed now. LOL

I came into a used full sized Taurus, made a couple of mods and it ran like a champ. Great pistol for the money and a lifetime guarantee no matter who the owner is.

*CAVEAT - you do have to send the pistol to some holding house in Florida so they can send back to Brazil where the factory is,

Welcome to the 1911 Club!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  7. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Depends on budget for suggestions, but I you're thinking Taurus, don't count out RIA. Lots of lovers an haters out there, but my experience has been great; and they have the lifetime warranty and great CS reputation.

Enjoy the fall off the 1911 cliff. It's a loooong way down, but the ride sure is fun!! :D

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

If your first 1911 is a Sig C3, it will be hard to settle for a Taurus for your next gun. And I even own a Taurus and really like the gun. But Sig makes a very high quality 1911. I actually like their unique slide design over the traditional design. Congrats on the new gun!

9. crosshairs74

crosshairs74 New Member

Thanks guys.....you're probably right, I already like the feel of the Dan Wesson...I don't know the model but I like it

10. 1911Shooter

1911Shooter New Member

Can't go wrong on the 1911 train! Nice Sig!

11. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Dan Wesson makes a fantastic 1911. I have a couple myself.

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

+1
    If forced to choose between the two, I'd go Rock Island/ARMSCOR without hesitation. A good Taurus is probably great. A bad one can be a nightmare. Taurus CS has earned a reputation for being difficult at times. The Rocks are as inexpensive as the Taurus offerings, or less. However, Rock Island has been developing a reputation for exceptional CS.
    Every DW I've handled has been excellent. I own two.

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

First 1911, first step. This is just the beginning!