My First 1911!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by g17frantz, Aug 21, 2011.

1. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Hey all here it is! My Springfield G.I. w/crimson trace grips and 3 mags for $500!

Attached Files:

2. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

First! Congratulations!! Looks beautiful! Such a killer deal!

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations, that's a great pistol and a very good deal.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Welcome to the brotherhood! :cool:

5. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

It's simple, but very beautiful. Like cane said welcome.

6. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

7. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

That's a good starter 1911. Very much like the little rock of crack that those drug dealers give middle schoolers on the corner.

Enjoy!

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

9. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

She looks good, and you got a great deal on her too. Looking forward to a range report ;).

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Yes on both accounts! Great snag, now go shoot the snot out of it and let us know how you like it compared to your glock!!!!!!! :D

11. jetgirl

jetgirl New Member

Awesome deal! Awesome gun!

12. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Ok range report...I shouldn't have bought it. I freaking love it! Not selling my Glock...but I am hooked like a crack addict. This is my first target from 7 yds. First two a little left....

Attached Files:

13. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

My first year of handgun experience was all 9mm, all the time. When I first went to the range with the .45acp I was actually a little nervous. I doubt you were, but I knew I was.

I was surprised that the huge KaBLAMM that I heard around me from other .45's doesn't actually translate to the shooter. When I fire my 1911, it doesn't sound nearly as loud to me as when others around me are firing .45's.

The recoil isn't that bad, either. Nothing like what I envisioned. Especially out of steel!!

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Welcome to the club.

Now get out there and punch some more paper.

15. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Good shot! I'll show u my ranger report at 10 yards with only shooting for 2 months or less. The 1911 is amazing

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It only gets better! [​IMG]

17. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Welcome to the club.
    Caution: 1911's tend to multiply if you're not careful.
    Don't say you weren't warned.

18. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

Brother you have found a winner, personally I'm not a fan of lasers but that's just me. I wouldn't complain about the deal you got at all tho. She looks like she shoots good, again welcome to the brotherhood. As other have said they will multiply, my first Colt 1991 A1 conceived a Colt CCO and Colt Government series 80, then they bread me 2 springers, and I think my springers are gonna have another springer. I had a Kimber, but i sold it because it bit the hand that fed it.

19. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I don't know about anybody else, but my feelings of a good 1911 is one of awe. Most pistols shoot and function well, but the 1911 is a masterpiece. Surgical precision accurate, it is a modern marvel and a classic piece of art. I know in this forum most of us like different types of handguns but our love affair with our 1911s would make most wives jealous. Just want to say thank you Mr. John Browning for giving us this piece of art and to all of us for keeping his legacy alive.

20. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

And you've been missing out all this time! Congrats!