My first 1911--Ruger SR 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by jim65809, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jim65809

jim65809 New Member

Got lucky yesterday. Called my LGS to ask about a RIA they had. I was told they still had it but they also had just got in a Ruger SR 1911. I told him to save it for me and I would be there in about 30 min. Was there in about 20 min, checkbook in hand. Shot it today. The gun is better than the guy pulling the trigger. Great gun and it is a keeper. My better half said I finally got a pistol that looked like a real gun. She does not care for the looks of my XDM 9 mm, .40 or the .45.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

3. vincent

vincent New Member

VERY nice Jim, congrats!!

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice Ruger, range report? ;)

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Beautiful gun. Congratulations. They are kind of hard to find.

6. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

Welcome to the Ruger 1911 family! I love mine! I'm sure you'll enjoy yours for boxes and boxes of ammo to come!

Let us know how it shoots!

Josh

7. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

8. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Those guns are rare. I would like to see one. It and the new Browning 1911 .22 are very hard to find.:(

9. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Plus you FINALLY bought and American Made Gun.

Well done!!

10. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I am jealous. I have been wanting one of these and there are none in my area. I emailed Ruger, they assured me they are doing all the can to boost production to meet demand and not hurt the quality. Wish they could boost it some more, my local shop has yet to receive 1 of these 1911s since they came out.

11. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

I am waiting for one of these to be my first 1911 too.

I am waiting for one of these to become available in my area too. They are hard to find. One shop who get them in occasionally but over charges by about $100 and the other shops get one here and there but they don't stay on the shelf but 30 mins or so.

Ruger did say that by the end of march they will become more available.

12. REDTAIL

REDTAIL Member

After almost a full year of searching all over the web etc. I finally found & bought one,? Will pick it up some time next week,? HOORAY

13. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I see there are quite a few on gunbroker but they want full out msrp or more for them, I want to know what the retail price will be from the local gun shop.

14. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

Right around $700. Some places out here charge anywhere from $700 to almost $900 at one store. But academy sports is at $700 for them.

15. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

Thats right around what I am expecting from my shop, Ruger's msrp is at 799. My LGS is usually the most reasonable I can find, easily beat the big box stores and are usually $10 to $15 cheaper than the other gun shops around.

16. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

It's kinda opposite that here. Bass Pro is always high. Academy has some of the best prices around. Loftis gun and pawn have just about the same prices as Academy.

I guess it's good I can't find one right now because if I did I would buy it. And since I'm in the middle of buying a house. My wife would shoot me with it if I brought one home.