My first 10/22 rifle

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by jamesb, Nov 15, 2011.

1. jamesb

jamesb New Member

I never shot a .22 rifle before...odd I know. I finally picked up a Ruger 10/22 RBI about a week ago. I shot it stock and liked it, but can't leave well enough alone.

Here it is with a Redfield scope on it. I never ended up shooting with the scope on it.

[​IMG]

I ordered a Yukon stock and a Tactical Solutions Fluted barrel from rimfiresports.com.

I tossed on a Centerpoint 4-16x40mm scope that I had laying around.

I have only been able to shoot it at the 50' indoor range, but am hoping to get out to the 100 yard range this weekend and sight it in at 50 yards.

I was able to cover my groupings with a nickel at 50'. Hope to keep that same grouping. The "bench" I shoot off of indoors moves too much.

The rifle feels great in the hands. Very comfortable to shoot. I can't wait to really see what it can do. I only have about 200 rounds though it currently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

A trigger job will finish it off nicely. Do some googling, there are lots of choices. Replacing the hammer will yield the greatest return.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Have a Stalkingbear trigger job done on it. He's a member here and he does great work.

4. moron88

moron88 New Member

southpaw thumb hole, fancy! how's that stock feel? looks like it would make a good target gun stock.

5. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Yep! It is very comfortable to shoot. The whole build feels great in the hands.

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Now you need to find better ammo. The bulk box stuff does not often shot well. Try some federal 711b or wolf/sk ammo. Try any match grade you can find local. Get an adjustable front rest and make or buy a rear bag and you might see groups around 1/4" at 25 yards. Nice looking rifle there.